Hi,

I would like to buy my first rolex.

I have shortlisted 116234

Jubilee
    Black diamond dial
    Diamond Bezel

retail price $21k++, i was quoted 19k

Is it worth to buy?

Or should i go for the same (jubilee and black diamond dial) but without diamond bezel?

retail $13k ++ I was quoted $11K++

any advice?

Usually whats the resale value of dayjust? if i wanna sell maybe after 3 year?

does the diamond bezel increase ur value or decrease? cos the diamond bezel is almost 8k more!

all advice is greatly appreciated!

Great choice! Choose the one you like.

IMO, Rolex diamond bezel is very beautiful and brilliant. Though Rolex never disclose what's the diamonds grade, I presume it is of high quality as its very bling. And the craftsmanship is very good too. It's pricey but I think it's worth it. You pay for what you get.

Sometimes in life, get the best for yourself if you can afford. Otherwise, you may still regret and go back to the one you still desire in the first place.

IMO, DateJust resale value is not so good as compared to sports models. Simply because supply vs demands. But if you maintain your watch well and it's an unique model like black diamond dial etc, maybe the value will be good. But as usual, don't expect a good value within a few years. Watch's value will appreciate only if after many years.

Good luck in your selection. Regardless which piece you choose, I guess you won't regret as Rolex is very good quality.

Comment

hmmmmmmm.............

still cosidering between the both...

btw the diamonds are D grade, was told by AD.

buy one diamond bezel dj equals to 2 norma1 dj...

Comment

Generally, resale value of DJ models not so gd cos supply outstrips demand. Imho, with tat budget of $21k u could b better off buying a SS DJ & a rolex sports model with sm change if u r lucky? Anyway, it's ur choice & can't go wrong with a rolexbetter 2 keep ur rollies longer & not sell them short term cos like investment/insurance, u'll only benefit in the long term!

Rolex owner since 2010
        Previously owned:
        Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
        GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
        Current collection:
        Datejust 36(116234) V serial
        GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
        Upcoming/Wishlist:
        "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse