Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a market for brand new discontinued gmt 2 pepsi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a market for brand new discontinued gmt 2 pepsi?

Hello all,
    need your input here. I have a BNIB GMT II (Z series) Pepsi all stickers in tack. I have been contemplating with my self to keep it, wear it or sell it. Every time I had the urge to wear it, I kept saying to myself that it won't be special anymore after I wear it. I mean not many people can say that I have a brand new discontinued gmt2 pepsi in my safe. In fact i have not seen anything showed up for sale (bnib) in the last 1 year in any online forum. So I have thought of selling it. Now do you guys think there will be somebody out there who will appreciate (and willing to pay) the rare-ness of this item?

Thanks for your input.

Strange question.

Of course there will be buyer out there for this watch, brand new or otherwise. But how to tell/guess if anyone would be willing to pay for your item if we don't know how much you are going to price it?

Why not list it on the garage to "test the market"?

What I don't understand is, why a watch is only special to you when it is never worn? Why bought it in the first place
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      Strange question.

Of course there will be buyer out there for this watch, brand new or otherwise. But how to tell/guess if anyone would be willing to pay for your item if we don't know how much you are going to price it?

Why not list it on the garage to "test the market"?

What I don't understand is, why a watch is only special to you when it is never worn? Why bought it in the first place
      Hi there,
      thanks for replying. I thought about listing it to test the market. Just trying to get a preliminary assessment on the market.
      Now why sell it or bought it?
      I bought this in 2012 from a collector in US. I had been looking for a good condition with complete set pepsi for quite sometime back then. Then suddenly a BNIB showed up for sale. Without thinking further, I paid premium for it, never thought I will have the dilemma that I have today. It's special to me for 2 reasons: 1. I always like a pepsi. 2. I spent so much time finding the perfect one which i finally found one (too perfect maybe).
      Now why not wearing it?
      I guess it's the term "too perfect" that I used earlier. I just can't urge my self to "spoil" the specialness of "BNIB GMT 2 PEPSI" to become a not so special "Mint GMT2 Pepsi".

Awi

Comment

Try to search the sold items forum to have an idea of the asking price of the same watch of various ages. It might be helpful to also refer to the asking price for a unworn Sub/SD of the previous model to see how much premium others were asking for. I think there was an unworn old pepsi or sub (or both) being sold before on this forum but can't be sure - you need to do some searching yourself. Good to cover other watch sites too if you have time. Just bear in mind the asking price on the sold threads is not necessary the deal price, though the last asking price is usually not very far away from the deal price.

For all you know, there might be people making offer to you after seeing this thread. Good luck.

Comment

3186 movement?

Comment

Some members chose to ask for advice on price on the forum in such a situation. I personally won't do that as I have seen that some prices quoted by some "advisors" were quite off the mark (again, "market price" could be subjective). And then there is also the small risk of being ill advised by potential buyers.

So, let your fingers do some works and price it at a level you are comfortable with to start with. You can always adjust the price later if necessary.

Comment

@pegasi: Thank You for your inputs.
              @fsn-saber: I really don't know. I also never try to do the "wiggle" test. But for sure i will never open the back case to try to find out .

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                Some members chose to ask for advice on price on the forum in such a situation. I personally won't do that as I have seen that some prices quoted by some "advisors" were quite off the mark (again, "market price" could be subjective). And then there is also the small risk of being ill advised by potential buyers.

So, let your fingers do some works and price it at a level you are comfortable with to start with. You can always adjust the price later if necessary.
                I agree price is only determined by actual transactions.

THank You Again

Comment

Originally posted by sudyawi View Post
                  @pegasi: Thank You for your inputs.
                  @fsn-saber: I really don't know. I also never try to do the "wiggle" test. But for sure i will never open the back case to try to find out .
                  You are welcome. If the serial no. is near to the end of the Z series, it is worth to get it inspected by qualified party to find out which movement is within, as one with 3186 movement does demand a higher premium..and might just make you change your mind

Comment

Keep it in ur safe and forget about it. Pass it on to ur son next time. He will thank you for it. Lol!

Comment

Sure someone will be interested to buy from you when you wish to sell it.

But I dun quite understand why you buy it yet not wear it....
                      Its like you have a hot sexy and down-to-earth girlfriend and marries her. But you will not "touch" her...

Anyway its your decision your watch. good luck
                      在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

nice way of putting it. The way i see it is a little different. There's still quite a few hot sexy girl friend out there. But if you were to have the only unopened Coca-cola in 1957 edition bottle in the world. One day you're so thirsty you decide to drink it. (I am exaggerating. Not that I would drink a 60 years old coke). Afterward, like the rest, it's just one of the 10,000 EMPTY 1957 edition coke bottle.
                        I guess the main problem is the reason of buying it in the first place. My initial reason was to buy a wearable watch, instead of a collectible watch. After I bought it, my perception on the watch shifted from wearable to collectible. Just like UOB/Credit Suisse gold bard, you just don't remove the bar and the certificate out of the plastic cover.

All the above are just my thoughts.

Thank YOu

Awi

Originally posted by alantannottam View Post
                        Sure someone will be interested to buy from you when you wish to sell it.

But I dun quite understand why you buy it yet not wear it....
                        Its like you have a hot sexy and down-to-earth girlfriend and marries her. But you will not "touch" her...

Anyway its your decision your watch. good luck
                        Last edited by sudyawi; 14-07-13, 10:58 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X