• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinion on this Explorer 2

Hi guys,
    Am eyeing the following

http://www.chronoexchange.com/brands...570-white.html

Quite lost touch on this, anyone can tell what to look out for on this watch?

can't see anything in detail as it is mostly wrapped up... not quite 9.5/10 in rating i think.

the buckle clasp looks (over) polished. the enamel is faded. buckle looks a bit dirty. springbar in buckle is not dimpled.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
      can't see anything in detail as it is mostly wrapped up... not quite 9.5/10 in rating i think.

the buckle clasp looks (over) polished. the enamel is faded. buckle looks a bit dirty. springbar in buckle is not dimpled.
      Wat abt this rating?

http://lu-ann.com/product/rolex-oyst...tual-explorer/

Comment

even more difficult to say from those 3 photos... although i would definitely not call it "in perfect shape" - there is some wear from the lower SEL (middle left) to the first link (6 o'clock side). there is also some dings on the bezel and possibly some wear on the 9 o'clock side of the case.

my 2c: if you're looking to pick up a cheap sport rolex, the exp2 is the cheapest way there. if you're looking to get a 36mm rolex, an older sapphire datejust (esp 16200) with the right dial would be ideal.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

even more difficult to say from those 3 photos... although i would definitely not call it "in perfect shape" - there is some wear from the lower SEL (middle left) to the first link (6 o'clock side). there is also some dings on the bezel and possibly some wear on the 9 o'clock side of the case.

my 2c: if you're looking to pick up a cheap sport rolex, the exp2 is the cheapest way there. if you're looking to get a 36mm rolex, an older sapphire datejust (esp 16200) with the right dial would be ideal.
          sian lor like tat, i wanted to get used e2, but condition all like tat, no reason why the dealer can rate like brand new but flaw here and there. if only they are specific abt this, cause ppl like me really can't tell

Comment

if they are specific, no one will buy their watches... or they will have to polish and polish the "flaws" away, which is (in my opinion) worse than leaving the scratches there.

Comment

if they are specific, no one will buy their watches... or they will have to polish and polish the "flaws" away, which is (in my opinion) worse than leaving the scratches there.

Agreed...

They are running a business and making money is a piority just like any other businesses.

Being detailed is to their disadvantage and like what bro Taxico mentioned, no one will then buy their watch. Some hairline scratches are OK to polished away but when the piece is that old and previous owner/owners beat the hell out of it, the dealers are happy to take in at the lowest you can ever imagine and polished and polished and polished it to try and make it look "perfect" and god knows how much metal have they polished off.

I have seen a Sub with uneven lungs, polished by dealers themselves cause probably there was a bing ding (I assumed) and it totally screw up the symmetry of the case.Both lungs at the 9 o'clock side is thick and the one at the 3 o'clock which is on the crown side was badly deeply polished until it shrink in thickness. It was so bad that its obvious even without needing to feel it. And at a normal chest position where you lift up your arm to read the time, you can see it so clearly. Its that obvious!

And when I asked the dealer, the answer given was, "Brother, its normal. All case are uneven one. If even ha, something wrong lei".

'It ain't how hard you hit;
              it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
              How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
              That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Just now walked into HG, saw the new e2 at 10k no discount. Then I walk to the dealer where my wife bought the MOP DJ, saw a mint 2004 e2 full set with cert at half price of that in HG. Took the plunge.

At times, I thought too many things to take note. When the right piece comes, mothing else matters. Now a rollie owner again.

Comment

Sorry but are you comparing the new 216570 and the older (pre-owned) 16570? Don't mind me say this but the comparison you made isn't very apt. More so when you also compared an AD with a second-hand dealer.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X