Rolex 14060 and 114060

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex 14060 and 114060

have been told that the old generation of Submariner no date 14060 bracelet will not fit small wrist while the new generation 114060 will fit due to smaller links glide lock clasp. Hence every shop I went is pressurizing my female friend to buy a new 114060 rather than old gen which she prefers due to it wearing smaller.

How much truth is there ? Can experts here comment?

Originally posted by Balzebub View Post
    have been told that the old generation of Submariner no date 14060 bracelet will not fit small wrist while the new generation 114060 will fit due to smaller links glide lock clasp. Hence every shop I went is pressurizing my female friend to buy a new 114060 rather than old gen which she prefers due to it wearing smaller.

How much truth is there ? Can experts here comment?
    Did your friend tried on both models size, to me the new model due to more squarish shape, so looked slightly bigger.
    If brand new, 14060 and 114060, price wise not different a lot.. Some shops also no stock for the older model, unless you are looking for pre-owned.. But i myself prefered and liked the Glidelock, and now it's 904L steel, same material as the oyster crystal.

Comment

Originally posted by Fugu_88 View Post
      Did your friend tried on both models size, to me the new model due to more squarish shape, so looked slightly bigger.
      If brand new, 14060 and 114060, price wise not different a lot.. Some shops also no stock for the older model, unless you are looking for pre-owned.. But i myself prefered and liked the Glidelock, and now it's 904L steel, same material as the oyster crystal.
      Sorry typing error it's oyster case.

Comment

is her wrist really small?

my wife used to wear her watch higher up the wrist or let it dangle like a... uh, bangle. it doesn't bother her.

because it bothered me, i bought her an extra bracelet and had one link permanently removed. problem solved.

then she told me no difference to her...

(the bracelet now has very low resale value now since the link cannot be replaced for the same sized one)

if the price difference is close to $1k, i say go for the 114060. but be warned that the newer sub will look even bigger on a small wrist.

she can also opt to remove the diver extension and replace it with a normal one - circumference-wise it will be the same as removing one permanent link but the clasp will not be centered.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Yup she tried on both the old sub ND and new subC ND. The old sub ND with all removable links removed also too loose, like wearing a bangle..The the new subC ND with 4 links removed was a perfect fit with the clasp properly centered on her wrist. In comparison she also found the overall quality and feel/weight of the new bracelet was worth the difference in $$, so she bought the new SubC ND, rather than having to knock a permanent link off the old style bracelet for the 14060 which will destroy the re-sale value.

Thanks guys for the advise. Could not get straight answers out of many of the shops we visited. Many claim they have the ability to knock a permanent link off the 14060 bracelet and still be able to fit it back if i want to sell at a later date....

Comment

just to put it here for future reference: RSC can remove one permanent link (they have the tool), but it is not possible to put the same link back.

you can instead, put a spare link in to bring the length back to original but the shape/size will be different (not tapered).
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
              just to put it here for future reference: RSC can remove one permanent link (they have the tool), but it is not possible to put the same link back.

you can instead, put a spare link in to bring the length back to original but the shape/size will be different (not tapered).
              Okay thanks bro, that's very useful to know.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X