Rolex Accuracy and regulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Accuracy and regulation

My new Explorer II started off at around -2s per day but over the past month that I had worn it on and off in rotation with my other watches, it is slowing down even more to -3s to -4s per day which is at the bottom of COSC specification of -4/+6s per day.

No matter what position I leave it when unworn I can't seem to speed it up?

Now if it continues to slow down more until it is out of COSC spec of -4s per day can I get it regulated at RSC? I prefer my watch to be fast rather than slow, so even if it is +6s per day I will be happier. How long will RSC take to do a regulation? Just concerned that they will take months?

Anyone can share their experience with RSC regulating their watches?

sent mine in for a regulation before.. about 1 day

if you send in early morning, there is a chance you could get it by the end of the day

good luck

Comment

I've sent countless of my rolexes to Spore RSC. try going early morning and you will normally get it back mid afternoon; alongwith a nice authentic Rolex pouch.

Comment

Looking at these posts, do all of u expect and accept your rolex to run strictly within COSC ?

Comment

of course. personally for me, buying luxury watches, the least i would expect is for it do keep decent timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Balzebub View Post
            My new Explorer II started off at around -2s per day but over the past month that I had worn it on and off in rotation with my other watches, it is slowing down even more to -3s to -4s per day which is at the bottom of COSC specification of -4/+6s per day.

No matter what position I leave it when unworn I can't seem to speed it up?

Now if it continues to slow down more until it is out of COSC spec of -4s per day can I get it regulated at RSC? I prefer my watch to be fast rather than slow, so even if it is +6s per day I will be happier. How long will RSC take to do a regulation? Just concerned that they will take months?

Anyone can share their experience with RSC regulating their watches?
            lots of things can affect your watch's "accuracy".

assuming you are wearing it under normal situations and keeping it at healthy reserve, then this will be reflected on the timing machine.

if you are not keeping it sufficiently wound or wearing it under abnormal circumstances (cold room, etc), then the machine at RSC may indicate a watch that is within COSC spec...

at the end of the day, -4s/day is still within COSC spec. i strongly recommend you wear it for a longer period of time before going to RSC and letting them butcher your watch.

the rate will change with time - this is guaranteed. you just need to be more patient and not let a few seconds/day bug you so much.

modern rolex watches, in general, are designed to exhibit little positional variance - especially when fresh from factory. so if you have a new watch, i am not surprised it does not respond to you trying to change timing by changing its resting position.

if it were me, i will wear it daily for 3 months before considering going to RSC.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

from my experience with Rolex, i believe they regulate their watches to be slow. I've owned at least five Rolexes over the years and all of them were running slow. I brought some to RSC to regulate. End of day, I realised the beauty about Rolexes i.e. precision timekeeping. you will be rest assured in the long term, you won't have to adjust your time because a Rolex is adjusted to run slow AND fast (i believe this is due to its error rate) over time. As compared to Omegas I've owned I find that I have to adjust the time every month because Omega watches are accurate i.e. if it run fast +3 sec daily, it would run +3 sec EVERYDAY, so by month end would end up 2-3 minutes fast.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X