X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal or is my watch broken?

Hi all,

I have a S series GMT II.
    There's something that has been bugging me but I have for the longest time ignored it but today my curiosity got the better of me.

Situation :
    I do not use a watch-winder and hence, the watch will come to a stop after a few days of not using. Whenever I wind the watch to start using it again, the second hand will not move even after many rounds of winding. But will only move after I give it a jerk. Aside from that, the watch runs perfectly.
    Is this normal or something is broken?

Experts, please share your views.

Thanks & cheers!

Originally posted by viper0419 View Post
    Hi all,

There's something that has been bugging me but I have for the longest time ignored it but today my curiosity got the better of me.

Situation :
    I do not use a watch-winder and hence, the watch will come to a stop after a few days of not using. Whenever I wind the watch to start using it again, the second hand will not move even after many rounds of winding. But will only move after I give it a jerk. Aside from that, the watch runs perfectly.

Thanks & cheers!
    i think this topic was discussed before, it seems to be normal although it should not need a jerk to start the movement.

Comment

Originally posted by yeshe View Post
      i think this topic was discussed before, it seems to be normal although it should not need a jerk to start the movement.
      oh it has been discussed before ah? okay sorry will do a search on it.
      i don't mean a jerk, but rather a shake.
      cheers!

Comment

dun worry... it's normal....
        the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Yeah, no worries lah. Its perfectly fine.

Comment

Same as my gmtiic so i hope its normal

btw some of my sinn also same thing have to jerk b4 can shoot.
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
              Same as my gmtiic so i hope its normal

btw some of my sinn also same thing have to jerk b4 can shoot.
              oOOO... so I think i've come to a conclusion that those who need to be jerked b4 can shoot will be male rolex, those no need jerk will be female rolexes....

Mine's a guy....
              相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

My Family of

Mama - 16014
                  Papa - 16610
                  Sis - 6694
                  Aunty - 6466

Cousins all female..... except my Omega dynamic which needs a jerk too...

I've onli got 2 male in my watch boxes.....

相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

my one lagi jialat.. sometimes male sometimes female..
                    I'm a super low-baller

Comment

gOodnes...what has my purely innocent post done to this thread under the hands of some people!!

Muachee:
                      so are u gg to bring it for surgery to assert if can jus jerk to move it or not?
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

hahaha... Jokes aside...

I was very annoyed by the behaviour initially too.... Wondering why ROLEX........... Expensive rolex will have this kind of problem and its "Normal"

Think will go have to go down to RSC for a definite answer....

If it happens to 10+ yr olds i think still acceptable maybe due to lack of service...

But if happens to my few mths old then not acceptable....

My Oris wouldn't give me this kind of prob....
                        相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

Hi all,

Situation :

Thanks & cheers!
                          Just a normal shake, should start the watch.
                          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                            gOodnes...what has my purely innocent post done to this thread under the hands of some people!!

Muachee:
                            so are u gg to bring it for surgery to assert if can jus jerk to move it or not?
                            nevermind wan lar.. jerk no jerk as long as can move ok liao lar..
                            I'm a super low-baller

Comment

Hi all,

Situation :

Thanks & cheers!
                              'automatic' watches are wind by the rotor not the button,
                              thus 'jerking' or 'shaking' the watch will jump start it.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X