Rolex Sea Dweller 4000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Sea Dweller 4000

Recently i just got a Sea Dweller 4000. The price i paid for is $8191 less 5% discount. Is this a fair price? So far, everything has been fine. However, over the weekend, i have not been wearing the watch and the second hand stops. Is it common that if you dont wear the watch for a day, the second hand stop ticking? Can someone advise how long before the watch stop if you dont wear it?

i think the power reserve is btn 44 hr to 50 hr.... there are different figures all over the net...

Comment

Min i tink sld be 40 hrs ?.... not too far from there i guess
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

On average, the power reserve should be about 44 hours....however, this is assuming you have worn your watch and it's fully 'wound'.....

If you wear the watch less than few hours after purchase, it will not last for 44 hours on average....
        Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
        Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
        Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
        Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

if you are interested to find out the power reserve of your sd.........

wind the crown cw 50 times and when it finally stops running, u will have your answer.....
          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by galant88 View Post
            Recently i just got a Sea Dweller 4000. The price i paid for is $8191 less 5% discount. Is this a fair price? So far, everything has been fine. However, over the weekend, i have not been wearing the watch and the second hand stops. Is it common that if you dont wear the watch for a day, the second hand stop ticking? Can someone advise how long before the watch stop if you dont wear it?
            Price sounds about right.
            All rolexes sold today outside the Cellini line are automatics (hence, 'Perpetual')... so they stop running if you don't wear them. That's why people buy watch winders to let the machine keep it wound.
            So, as long as you wear it every 2 days or so ... it shouldn't stop running till it breaks down! Hence, no batteries.

That said, if yours is new...
            it may take about a month for all the running parts to "smoothen out" ... after which it may keep running a little longer on each winding-up ... but not by much.

But remember you should use it regularly (at least once every two months) and.. service it at least once every 5-10years. Some people say 3-5yrs.
            Last edited by keltzar; 27-07-07, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the valuable feedbacks. Keltzar-san, when you say "winding up", what do you mean?

I bought my SD coming to a month already. I wear it 6 days a week (on Sunday i dont wear) and it still stop when i start to wear it on Mondays..very frustrating. Anyway, i called the service centre and they say they can do a on the spot check on the power reserves, and new models so have longer than usual power reserves (about 40 to 50 hours), so will be sending it in soon since it is still under warranty.

Ohlins-san, i still dont understand what you mean by "wind the crown cw 50 times.

Sorry for the queries.....SD is my first Rolex, hehehe

Comment

ha bo bian leh............how to explain this .........maybe u shd read your instruction booklet........cos there are pics inside....easier to understand on how to wind the watch....
                the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X