Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas AD insist on watch pairing

Hi all,

Is it very common for ADs to insist on selling a popular sports model with another non sports rolex piece?? Kinda unethical just to clear their existing stock to me

Originally posted by untitled View Post
    Hi all,

Is it very common for ADs to insist on selling a popular sports model with another non sports rolex piece?? Kinda unethical just to clear their existing stock to me
    "Common" ... Definitely not! Some ADs I came across did hint subtly but I do not think they were allowed to do that openly.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Seems like all the ADs in Taiwan is doing that openly.

Comment

Originally posted by untitled View Post
        Seems like all the ADs in Taiwan is doing that openly.
        Surprising? Or maybe it's just me? I went to Taiwan recently and visited a handful of ROLEX boutiques. I was shocked to see how 'empty' the display cases were . To make a comparison with our local ADs, the stocks they had in Taiwan were only about 30% of what we have here ! And I thought our situation here was bad until I went Taiwan.

I asked for several ROLEX models and none had none. I did hang around the shops for a while but was never once asked / offered any watch(es). Sadly, I wasn't even 'allowed' to enter the Patek Philippe boutique at Taipei 101
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

This is quite a common practice nowadays for some overseas ADs even in Europe. I just came back from Dubai and Europe. The ADs there told me the same thing - "watch pairing". You need to get another non-sport model to make it a pair then they will sell the sport model to you. .......but it was too bad for me even I told them i'm okay to buy both watches but they told me no stock

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Surprising? Or maybe it's just me? I went to Taiwan recently and visited a handful of ROLEX boutiques. I was shocked to see how 'empty' the display cases were . To make a comparison with our local ADs, the stocks they had in Taiwan were only about 30% of what we have here ! And I thought our situation here was bad until I went Taiwan.

I asked for several ROLEX models and none had none. I did hang around the shops for a while but was never once asked / offered any watch(es). Sadly, I wasn't even 'allowed' to enter the Patek Philippe boutique at Taipei 101
            Another reason I think of it's because mainland Chinese really whack all the stock available, even with watch pairing they are all a willing party.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X