Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMTIIC and Sub LV Prices in Japan

Hi all,

Just got back from japan. Here's some prices I saw (these pieces are sitting on AD display):

GMT-IIC - Yen 680,000 (After 5% tax rebate)
    Sub LV - Yen 600,000 (Same)
    SD - Yen 600,000 (Same)

To convert, go to www.xe.com

Almost walked out of the shop with the GMT. But somehow, didn't like the centre polished links on the bracelet. Lots of Panerai in Japan now. But prices not as good as Singapore.

Wean

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
    Hi all,

Just got back from japan. Here's some prices I saw (these pieces are sitting on AD display):

SD - Yen 600,000 (Same)

Almost walked out of the shop with the GMT. But somehow, didn't like the centre polished links on the bracelet. Lots of Panerai in Japan now. But prices not as good as Singapore.

Wean
    Hi Wean, is there any tax rebate for buying rolex watches in Japan???

TIA

Comment

should have, but not too sure, last time my dad bring out knives from Japan, but never claim, as the customs sure give you hell.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
        Hi Wean, is there any tax rebate for buying rolex watches in Japan???

TIA
        Yes. 5% tax rebate. The prices above are after tax rebate.

Comment

5% refund.... the tax is lower then s'pore awesome.... s'pore gst already climb to 7%....................
          Blue 6694
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Hi all,

SD - Yen 600,000 (Same)
            Hi Bro,

Did you happen to see any GMT II (Pepsi or Coke) in Japan's AD? Although it has been discontinued since a year ago, I am currently looking for one and last saw one in China retailing for Rmb 46,200.

Many thanks for your help.
            Tasmania
            On my wrist:
            2010 Seiko Spirit
            2009 Tag Heuer Autavia
            2009 Breitling Superocean Steelfish
            2008 GMT II Black/Red
            2008 Exp II White
            2006 Orient Power-reserve
            2005 Citizen Eco-drive

Wishlist:
            GMT-IIc
            Breitling Blackbird
            Omega Aquagraph Chronograph

Comment

Originally posted by Tasmania View Post
              Hi Bro,

Did you happen to see any GMT II (Pepsi or Coke) in Japan's AD? Although it has been discontinued since a year ago, I am currently looking for one and last saw one in China retailing for Rmb 46,200.

Tasmania
              if indeed the china AD can be trusted, the price of 46.2k not bad le
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                if indeed the china AD can be trusted, the price of 46.2k not bad le
                Just to add that the price is before discount and is a standard price for the 3 AD in Beijing - Wangfujing. The maximum discount is 10%.

Using an exchange rate of 5 and 10% discount, the price is about S$8,300. A second hand GMT in Singapore would probably cost between S$6,000 to S$6,800.

Also, I called all the ADs in Singapore on Friday (using the Rolex website) and enquire if any of them still has the SS GMT II in stock. All don't have

If any bros happen to see any GMT II in HK, Japan or Taiwan, please PM me k. If I happen to see it, I will also post to let everyone know.
                On my wrist:
                2010 Seiko Spirit
                2009 Tag Heuer Autavia
                2009 Breitling Superocean Steelfish
                2008 GMT II Black/Red
                2008 Exp II White
                2006 Orient Power-reserve
                2005 Citizen Eco-drive

Wishlist:
                GMT-IIc
                Breitling Blackbird
                Omega Aquagraph Chronograph

Comment

Just to add that the price is before discount and is a standard price for the 3 AD in Beijing - Wangfujing. The maximum discount is 10%.

Using an exchange rate of 5 and 10% discount, the price is about S$8,300. A second hand GMT in Singapore would probably cost between S$6,000 to S$6,800.

Also, I called all the ADs in Singapore on Friday (using the Rolex website) and enquire if any of them still has the SS GMT II in stock. All don't have

If any bros happen to see any GMT II in HK, Japan or Taiwan, please PM me k. If I happen to see it, I will also post to let everyone know.
                  maybe next time in in beijing, i go and buy, since my auntie reside there (sg expat) she can take me there, and i go buy
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

was in shanghai last year, their prices quite stiff and not as good as sg.

maybe next time in in beijing, i go and buy, since my auntie reside there (sg expat) she can take me there, and i go buy
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi Bro,

Tasmania
                      Nope..but they have MANY pre-owned 16710s going for about S$6500 whole set. F, Z, D Y all series all bezel colours.

China I oso saw at the same prices but the prices there are crazy. Basically all imported luxury items are slapped with high taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        was in shanghai last year, their prices quite stiff and not as good as sg.
                        i was in shanghai too and agree prices are quite high, and not much room for disc.... or was that only for me.

Nope..but they have MANY pre-owned 16710s going for about S$6500 whole set. F, Z, D Y all series all bezel colours.

China I oso saw at the same prices but the prices there are crazy. Basically all imported luxury items are slapped with high taxes.
                        wow.... when I go japan, im so going to find someone local to show me around the AD.

No wonder you see all the rich china people buy their luxury goods in other places, such as HK,SG,TW, works out to be cheaper
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

i was in shanghai too and agree prices are quite high, and not much room for disc.... or was that only for me.

wow.... when I go japan, im so going to find someone local to show me around the AD.

No wonder you see all the rich china people buy their luxury goods in other places, such as HK,SG,TW, works out to be cheaper
                          Ya you're rite.Import taxes are crazy..As for the luxury watches don't expect they can give good disc,prices also very firm.And hated their customer service atittude.This is the reason i nvr brought my watches there.But you can consider have it service there its alot cheaper compare to sg.You will be surprise the counters is always crowded with customers..

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                            Ya you're rite.Import taxes are crazy..As for the luxury watches don't expect they can give good disc,prices also very firm.And hated their customer service atittude.This is the reason i nvr brought my watches there.But you can consider have it service there its alot cheaper compare to sg.You will be surprise the counters is always crowded with customers..
                            service at RSC beijing? safe or not (pardon my ignorance) I've never dealt with those people before, but i hear not easy to handle.
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Hi all,

SD - Yen 600,000 (Same)

Wean
                              thank u for sharing. most grateful.
                              Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                              "Foreign affections"
                              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                              2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                              3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                              4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                              What's NEXT?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X