black sub 16613 or YM 16622

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black sub 16613 or YM 16622

i currently own a black 16613 which i wore less than 10x since 3yrs back becos of the TT and my wife complains that its "flashy". now eyeing a YM 16622 at a 2nd hand dealer shop which offer to take in my 16613 for the YM. both are the same F series, which will u choose and is YM16622 better value for money?
    btw my wife thinks that the YM looks like tag heuer from far and now prefers the 16613....i'm still undecided

Originally posted by wayne28 View Post
    i currently own a black 16613 which i wore less than 10x since 3yrs back becos of the TT and my wife complains that its "flashy". now eyeing a YM 16622 at a 2nd hand dealer shop which offer to take in my 16613 for the YM. both are the same F series, which will u choose and is YM16622 better value for money?
    btw my wife thinks that the YM looks like tag heuer from far and now prefers the 16613....i'm still undecided
    Your wife has good taste. One of the reasons I have heard why the YM is less popular among the sports models is the aesthetic resemblance to TH. Another reason is of course, the higher pricing. If I were you, I will keep the discontinued ROLEX Submariner 16613.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Your wife has good taste. One of the reasons I have heard why the YM is less popular among the sports models is the aesthetic resemblance to TH. Another reason is of course, the higher pricing. If I were you, I will keep the discontinued ROLEX Submariner 16613.

x2, keep the Sub. Cos YM has higher maintainence fee, imagine you kena scratch the platinum bezel, heartpain like siao sia.
      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

I will keep the 16613.
        Current:
        No More Liao...

Comment

prefer the 16613 than YM....looks great on the wrist too....bling is good mah....
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

keep the 16613...

you will regret the YM, 2nd hand dealer would of course take yours in, easier to sell mah...

Comment

Frankly, if you only wear the blue sub 10x in 3 years....then i will consider the YM.
              The platinum bezel can be sand/polish if there are scratches.
              IMHO, YM looks classic and if you will wear it more then its worthwhile

Comment

looks like most ppl will choose the 16613 over YM..... i also think SUB is rolex's most iconic watch and hence most will choose 16613.
                actually i quite like my 16613 but find that its wasteful to just own it but now use it, thats why the urge to trade it with a sports model that is not so flashy. i've been having sleepless nites for the past 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                  prefer the 16613 than YM....looks great on the wrist too....bling is good mah....
                  btw bro, the DJ in your avatar is men or boy size? i'm actually looking for that dial in men size becos my wife has the same dial is it hard to find among 2nd hand dealer? or is it becos my eyes always beow the sports model but din see the DJ

Comment

Originally posted by wayne28 View Post
                    btw bro, the DJ in your avatar is men or boy size? i'm actually looking for that dial in men size becos my wife has the same dial is it hard to find among 2nd hand dealer? or is it becos my eyes always beow the sports model but din see the DJ

Man Size 36mm....model number is 16200...me datejust fan...sport model not bery into as my wrist is kinda of small
                    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

My vote goes to the Yatchmaster. True, it does look like a Tag Heuer from far, but it's more unique to me. U'll also see how it blings from far on your wrist and it doubles as a dressy watch. It wears bigger than what it really is. Somehow, I love that hint of red in the watch, which makes it more sporty, not to mention also that it also veers from the norm with the platinum dial + bezel insert instead of the usual black.

As for the TT sub, sure it has its allure. But for me, if I were to have a TT sub, it would be the version with the blue dial.
                      "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                        My vote goes to the Yatchmaster. True, it does look like a Tag Heuer from far, but it's more unique to me. U'll also see how it blings from far on your wrist and it doubles as a dressy watch. It wears bigger than what it really is. Somehow, I love that hint of red in the watch, which makes it more sporty, not to mention also that it also veers from the norm with the platinum dial + bezel insert instead of the usual black.
                        thats what i thought of the YM also... really catch your eye from far, and when compared to sub, its actually bigger even though both are 40mm, i think the plat bezel is slightly bigger. if i have spare cash, wun have this problem of only choosing 1 between them.

Comment

Initially I didn't really like the YM when I began the journey into Rolex, but however, after watching Charlie Sheen wearing the mid-sized YM in Two and a Half Men over 7 seasons, I grew to like it.
                          "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                          --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X