Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My very 1st Rolex- Submariner or GMT?

Happy Lunar New Year to All!!

Finally saved up for my very first Rolex..in cash..painstakingly..

Can I humbly seek the advise from the experts here..green sub 116610lv or GMT?

Do the latter come in green?..and which AD?

i heard HG sucks..the AD at lucky plaza is the best..am I right?

Thanks in advance...

I only need a GMT and a Sub..nothing else..

HAPPY NEW YEAR BRO!

GMT Doesn't come in green...for the dial if that's what you mean for Stainless steel models. Solid Yellow Gold got! Hehehe...

No best one lah...you have to go around and ask for prices, compare and bargain with the sales person. Cos different salesperson can quote u slightly different prices..thought I think most of them will quote you a rather standard prices...but who knows if the person strike 4D last night then you get them at a special price hehe.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Congrats on your decision to get a Rolex! I was in that boat a few months back. As I read up on the history and heritage of Rolex, the decision became quite clear to me on what should be my very first, of course YMMV, and it had to be the Submariner. Now the real tough decision for me was whether to get the standard black on the green one That said, I do want a GMT function watch some day as well, and it's inclining towards the non-Rolex group (like the Sinn 857 UTC which shows 24 hours!)

Happy Hunting!

Comment

Need to try both of them on your wrist and see for yourself which one u like..then go with your heart
        elusive

Comment

thanks all..gg rollie-shopping today if the shops open...will post pics soon if i get my hands to it..

Comment

get the green sub. it looks more outstanding.

Comment

Hi all,

went to mbs to check out the 2 options..but as of today the price of the green sub is $14k..after discount lowest i bargained until 13.8k..even after i offered to pay cash!!

only black sub or GMT is within reach 4 me with each abt 10.5k but w/o disc..

the salesperson was nice though..not pressuring me to buy..

i intend to get either one by this wkend..

hmmm..but which one? black sub or GMT?

Comment

Originally posted by AK Subzero View Post
                Hi all,

went to mbs to check out the 2 options..but as of today the price of the green sub is $14k..after discount lowest i bargained until 13.8k..even after i offered to pay cash!!

only black sub or GMT is within reach 4 me with each abt 10.5k but w/o disc..

the salesperson was nice though..not pressuring me to buy..

i intend to get either one by this wkend..

hmmm..but which one? black sub or GMT?

If ur original plan was to get the hulk, then stick to it. Compromising for a black sub will only make u still wanna get the green down the road - which is fine if you plan to get both ultimately. The hulk can be gotten below $$11k if you look around hard enough - not necessary the local AD route.

In any case, if you ONLY want to go the Local AD route, keep it below $11K; get just 1 and stop thereafter - get the black Sub C. But if u have plans in continuing with this journey - get the GMT2c (as per your original choice), then the hulk down the road.

Comment

agree...hulk is my first choice...and i intend to keep it for life..

but gg overseas not really an option cos i still prefer local AD..

i can only part with 11k at most..

Comment

hahah..tats good news!!

will definitely hunt for the hulk at tat price...thx bro..

Comment

My first Rolex is GMT ss, got it early this month

I love GMT ss, it has the bling factor but not overstated.

Comment

congrats nevi..did u even consider the hulk?..

Comment

Nope, I only consider GMT ss, GMT tt and datejust 41 ss. I like more bling from the shiny polish ss bracelet.

Comment

Thats true. Ive got lite scratches on the polished link.

Any inputs on how to remove this light scratches?

Thanks

Comment

For the polished portions, you can use the Cape Code polishing cloth. You can get it at the local DIY hardware stores and some watch companies.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X