Should I get my Daytona now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
    Ya, Bro. SS or precious metal, there will always be someone who are willing to buy. But I just hope that it is in SS, so it is more affordable and more resistant to scratch for daily wear. (my 2 cents opinion).

How do you reckon that SS is more resistant to scratches than 18k? I thought it would be the same.

Btw... in 2nd hand market, TT is the cheapest daytona.... and most value for money in my view.

Comment

but SS look anytime nicer that's why it is more exp even though the material is cheaper... 2 tone daytona looks kinda old and unclerish to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan289 View Post
        How do you reckon that SS is more resistant to scratches than 18k? I thought it would be the same.

Btw... in 2nd hand market, TT is the cheapest daytona.... and most value for money in my view.
        SS is harder right.......
        ROLEX.

Comment

I got my black dial daytona for $15.5k at Hourglass last year (2011 April) in case anyone wants a price to refer to.
          My Tumblr
          -------------------
          http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Got my Daytona steel $15.8k at Lucky plaza AD aug/2011 for your reference

Comment

Originally posted by 1983leofender View Post
              but SS look anytime nicer that's why it is more exp even though the material is cheaper... 2 tone daytona looks kinda old and unclerish to me...
              To each his own, of course. TT Daytona, by the fact that it is a sports model daytona, does not look old at all to me. On the other hand, I can't bring myself to spend so much on a SS watch... that looks no different from any other watch from far. To me, anyway.

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
              SS is harder right.......
              Both are made of entire metal blocks, not hollow shell. To me, it makes little difference and a stretch of an argument to justify buying SS. The bottom line, if someone likes SS and happy to pay the premium, just to do. Don't need to create more justifications for the purchase. Preference is justification enough.

Comment

RRP = $14,980 (current)

Originally posted by kqxrlovesSpeedmasters View Post
                I got my black dial daytona for $15.5k at Hourglass last year (2011 April) in case anyone wants a price to refer to.
                Originally posted by one0one View Post
                Got my Daytona steel $15.8k at Lucky plaza AD aug/2011 for your reference
                Both of you would have paid a premium then.

Tx for sharing.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan289 View Post
                  To each his own, of course. TT Daytona, by the fact that it is a sports model daytona, does not look old at all to me. On the other hand, I can't bring myself to spend so much on a SS watch... that looks no different from any other watch from far. To me, anyway.

Both are made of entire metal blocks, not hollow shell. To me, it makes little difference and a stretch of an argument to justify buying SS. The bottom line, if someone likes SS and happy to pay the premium, just to do. Don't need to create more justifications for the purchase. Preference is justification enough.
                  One of the bros here (?) posted photos a week or two ago of the inside of an 18Ct White gold case with mvmt removed, case IS hollow, it's cast then machined as I know... it WAS DEF Machined and hollow.
                  The 904 SS Cases are punched out, then cut again to refine shape, then machined. ( solid )
                  ROLEX.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Tx for sharing.
                    Yes i agree but i think certain factors made the price difference....mine got 'no name' on cert which i certainly willing to pay a small premium cause i know if i resell it next time, new buyer would want it 'unname' too.

Comment

Not totally right/wrong. That's if the buyer for your watch thinks like you, ie he/she is willing to pay a higher price for it. But I'm sure an 'unnamed' cert does have a slight advantage.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Tx for sharing.
                        local piece Daytona white can get better pricing then ?

Comment

If you're lucky, well, may be. Who knows?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
                            One of the bros here (?) posted photos a week or two ago of the inside of an 18Ct White gold case with mvmt removed, case IS hollow, it's cast then machined as I know... it WAS DEF Machined and hollow.
                            The 904 SS Cases are punched out, then cut again to refine shape, then machined. ( solid )
                            Bro, I saw the case of my 18k case without movement. What is "case is hollow"?
                            Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                            Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                            GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                            GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                            DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                            DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                            , 18238 malachite
                            DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                            AP 15300 Black
                            Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                            GP 18k RG
                            IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                            Chronoswiss Skeleton
                            Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...