New Daytona?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Daytona?

Hey guys, I am contemplating purchasing a stainless steel Daytona right now, but a bit hesitant about it. Do you guys think or know whether a ceramic update will come out soon?

yes... soon... very soon...

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. Haha, do you know whether it will be in 2012?

Comment

99% - NO
        1% - yes

Originally posted by monsoon View Post
        Thank you for the quick reply. Haha, do you know whether it will be in 2012?

Comment

Even if the new ceramic SS daytona comes out, I'll be guessing it'll cost much more expensive than the current SS daytona with higher RRP and not to mention all the premium and stuff...The current SS daytona is already selling at quite a premium.

Comment

Current Daytona is a good choice.

Comment

Buying the current SS Daytona will be an excellent decision, hesitate no longer.
              My Tumblr
              -------------------
              http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

you will never go wrong with rolex daytona. I have both the white gold and the SS daytona. Simply fantastic watches. one of my all time favourite. very versatile watch to match all my outfit. be it formal office wear or even casual weekends.

Comment

IMO currently it's one of the best time possible to get a Daytona.

Firstly the premium is down a lot already, possible to get at retail price at local AD.

Secondly, even if the new Daytona SS with ceramic is released, the retail price definitely will be a big jump due to the cost of the ceramic bezel and furthermore, as usual with Daytona, the premium will be mad. It will stay with a HUGE premium for a long long time.

Thus I believe it's the best time to get a Daytona now, before it crosses the 20K mark which is definite if it does come with ceramic.

Comment

Thanks guys for the advice! Really cleared things up man!

Comment

Totally agreed. Even a simple SS Submariner or GMT with ceramic bezel already close to $10k, I guess if SS Daytona with ceramic is launched, will surely close to 20k as the current retailed for 116520 is close to $15k. And with the initial premiums, it will surely be much higher. In fact, premiums for current Daytona has existed for years and only recently it has come down and close to retailed. If I am not mistaken, during 2009 or 2010, the premiums is close to retailed as times were bad that time. But recently, it has surged back, though about $1k or less. Perhaps it's due to excess stocks or Rolex produced more. In any case, 116520 is always been my wishlist and I hope to complete my collection with the SS Daytona. If I strike TOTO, I will go for 116529, the WG Daytona with black dial and red hands!

Originally posted by charleslin View Post
                      IMO currently it's one of the best time possible to get a Daytona.

Firstly the premium is down a lot already, possible to get at retail price at local AD.

Secondly, even if the new Daytona SS with ceramic is released, the retail price definitely will be a big jump due to the cost of the ceramic bezel and furthermore, as usual with Daytona, the premium will be mad. It will stay with a HUGE premium for a long long time.

Thus I believe it's the best time to get a Daytona now, before it crosses the 20K mark which is definite if it does come with ceramic.

Comment

Still hesitating?

"monsoon" is coming lo ..........

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          "monsoon" is coming lo ..........

Bro Oceanklassik, you bought the SS Daytona? Congrats.
                          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Nice haha.

Comment

Saw a couple of bnib overseas ad all selling below list price now. The "cov" or rather ( discount now) has never been so low compared to the crazy cov few years back.
                              Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                              Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                              GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                              GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                              DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                              DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                              , 18238 malachite
                              DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                              AP 15300 Black
                              Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                              GP 18k RG
                              IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                              Chronoswiss Skeleton
                              Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...