This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by roguehog View Post
    Beautiful ilum shot! Remember never to charge the indices using led light. It's actually harmful to the watch.
    Really ?
    ROLEX.

Comment

• Originally posted by roguehog View Post
      i dont know how true this is but i read watchwerkz posts that charging using led is not the right way.

one of the reasons i can think of is led is used as a light cure device in dentistry work. this is used to dry up the dental fillings they place in your teeth. it is also used in nail salons to dry nail polish. based on this i would think that high exposure to led might age the lume markers prematurely.

not sure if the lubricant in the watch will be affected too.
      LED should not be confused with THE HARMFUL UV Light ( Ultra Violet ). same ones that make your white shirt glow in the night clubs.
      ROLEX.

Comment

• Thought its UV that is no good, not LED light

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
        i dont know how true this is but i read watchwerkz posts that charging using led is not the right way.

one of the reasons i can think of is led is used as a light cure device in dentistry work. this is used to dry up the dental fillings they place in your teeth. it is also used in nail salons to dry nail polish. based on this i would think that high exposure to led might age the lume markers prematurely.

not sure if the lubricant in the watch will be affected too.

Comment

• Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
          Thought its UV that is no good, not LED light
          i think you might be right cos older light cure machines might have uv.
          I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
          http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

• Originally posted by JustCallMeD View Post
            Just got myself a 42mm Explorer 2 recently. Really love it!
            I also want !!! How much did you pay for it ?
            Honesty.....

Comment

• Originally posted by conservative View Post
              I also want !!! How much did you pay for it ?
              You can always get one from the Rolex Garage thread in the forum. The prices are quite attractive. Go look around. =)

Alternatively, I am now contemplating to sell it off and get a DSSD. So If you are really interested, we can work out a fair price.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustCallMeD View Post
                You can always get one from the Rolex Garage thread in the forum. The prices are quite attractive. Go look around. =)

Alternatively, I am now contemplating to sell it off and get a DSSD. So If you are really interested, we can work out a fair price.
                Yeah, understand, but I only can afford one watch, so have to offload my 16570 first, before going to the next logical upgrade, with topup of course.
                Honesty.....

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                  1) the neighbourhood watch can assist you in resizing your bracelet if they have the experience and the right tools.
                  2) you can visit any local AD to seek assist. they will not charge you.
                  3) you can bring the watch itself only to RSC without box, papers/warranty card. they can do it for you.
                  4) you can do it on your own. why not?
                  Juz got my Exp II from my fren who came bk fr Heathrow! Will bring to Sincere tmrw to get it sized. Hopefully they dont charge

Comment

• If u tell them u bought it from the Hilton hotel branch or if u do know somebody there...
                    O/w not sure if they will entertain u...

Originally posted by Okacin View Post
                    Juz got my Exp II from my fren who came bk fr Heathrow! Will bring to Sincere tmrw to get it sized. Hopefully they dont charge

Comment

• Originally posted by edsim View Post
                      If u tell them u bought it from the Hilton hotel branch or if u do know somebody there...
                      O/w not sure if they will entertain u...
                      Yeah,i concur with what edsim have mentioned.But u can still give it a shot,no harm trying.

Comment

• does the new Explorer II has micro-etched crystal? can't seem to see it

Comment

• Yes, have to see it from an angle, under adequate lighting

does the new Explorer II has micro-etched crystal? can't seem to see it

Comment

• Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                            Yes, have to see it from an angle, under adequate lighting
                            cannot tahan liao....still can't see. turned all over. Hope it's not fake

Comment

• Hi all, does anyone know the rough price of a BN 39mm Explorer I?

Comment

• can see from an angle

cannot tahan liao....still can't see. turned all over. Hope it's not fake

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X