X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice. Love the crack style : )

Comment

• Originally posted by wDin View Post
      this link, when viewed from the underside, does not expose the spring bar ends. so you cannot use a tool to remove the bracelet that way.
      Got a picture ? maybe some bros can recognise it
      Honesty.....

Comment

• my is yacht-master 2 rose gold.

Comment

• Wrong thread??

Comment

• I will buy if it is a good price and so long as the SEL is authentic. I believe some y-series do come with SEL as they are the last pin-hole models.

Do you have the pics of the end links?

Originally posted by wDin View Post
            Hi guys.

Since this is on exp, I got a qn for you guys..

I saw an exp2 16570 Y-series (w pinhole) and SEL. But I was reluctant to pull the trigger cos' the bracelet is AB serial. AB is in 2000, right?
            Is this safe for me to buy?

Also, to make matters worse, the underside of the bracelet (the part where the bracelet meets the lugs), is fully covered (ie, you cannot see the spring bar head from the back of the watch). The only way to remove the bracelet is via the pinhole.

Need help here guys.

Thanks.

Comment

• Yes, some y-series do come with SEL and still have Pinholes.

Okay, the exp2 i (y-series) with pinhole has SEL, but the back of the endlink looks smtg like this http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-A9vxTbLsLQ...xQ/s1600/c.jpg (i don't own that pic; pic belongs to the owner of that blog). Ie, you can't see the springbar ends, right? So yes, that got me away from buying it.

Usually the springbar ends can be seen exposed like this>> http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TODHBqOH-Z...70/s1600/c.jpg (again, pic is NOT mine; it belongs to the owner of the blog).

So, I was confused. Other Y-series with SEL and with pinhole DOES have the "gap" and exposes the spring bar ends (like pic 2).

And as i've mentioned, the clasp stamp is AB - year 2000?

So, it is Y-series, with AB clasp, pinhole, solid end link. only problem was the AB clasp and no-show springbar ends (pic 1).

Thanks again.

Do you have the pics of the end links?[/QUOTE]

Comment

• EXP2- Bezel.

Guys, how long can the black paint on the bezel of the exp2 (16570) lasts? Does it fade due to frequent washing and scrubbing using soft toothbrush?

Under certain lighting, my bezel paint does seem to not have an even layer of coating.
                For eg, the numerals "12" has a tad thinner paint used on the bottom of the font compared to the top (same numeral here).
                I noticed this when the reflection/glare from the numerals does not reflect evenly with light.

Then I though, hey, maybe it was the position of my wrist/watch. So, i removed the watch and view it from the same angle, but now the number "12" is upside down. I still notice that the paint at the bottom of the number "12" is thinner compared to the top bit of the number "12".

Should I bring it back to RSC?

Cos' I'd rather have numerals that if they were to fade, they fade evenly..

apologies for my noob-ness.

Comment

• I never scrub my Explorer with soft brush before.
                  Just clean it with Microfiber / chamois cleaning cloth.

So far so good for the black marker on the bezel

Comment

• It could be an early y-series with the hollow end links fitted with the newer SEL bracelet. If the parts are all authentic and priced at the range of the older pin-hole series, it maybe worthwhile to explore further.

Originally posted by wDin View Post
                    Yes, some y-series do come with SEL and still have Pinholes.

Okay, the exp2 i (y-series) with pinhole has SEL, but the back of the endlink looks smtg like this http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-A9vxTbLsLQ...xQ/s1600/c.jpg (i don't own that pic; pic belongs to the owner of that blog). Ie, you can't see the springbar ends, right? So yes, that got me away from buying it.

Usually the springbar ends can be seen exposed like this>> http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TODHBqOH-Z...70/s1600/c.jpg (again, pic is NOT mine; it belongs to the owner of the blog).

So, I was confused. Other Y-series with SEL and with pinhole DOES have the "gap" and exposes the spring bar ends (like pic 2).

And as i've mentioned, the clasp stamp is AB - year 2000?

So, it is Y-series, with AB clasp, pinhole, solid end link. only problem was the AB clasp and no-show springbar ends (pic 1).

Thanks again.

Do you have the pics of the end links?
                    [/QUOTE]

Comment

• Hey guys,

Anyone knows Explorer I (39mm) pricing? Heading back to SG over the New Year break and want to pick up as my in-laws giving it to me as wedding present.

Really appreciate any info

Comment

• Retail price is $8,520 currently. If you're lucky, you may be able to get up to about 10% discount.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Which is more popular? Black or white for explorer 2?

I see a lot of white face on sale in this forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                            Retail price is $8,520 currently. If you're lucky, you may be able to get up to about 10% discount.
                            Thank you so much. Actually picked up the watch from a SG-ROC dealer. Will get to enjoy it once after the wedding!

Comment

• Congratz! Enjoy the watch and show us some pics if you can
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• How much did u get your Explorer 2 for?

I got my Y series recently at 4.2k is that a good price?
                                Originally posted by justinkohzx View Post
                                Thank you so much. Actually picked up the watch from a SG-ROC dealer. Will get to enjoy it once after the wedding!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X