X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearbearfury
    replied
    I couldn't make up my mind on black or white cos both are nice.. Chose black in the end cos i always like black dial.

Leave a comment:

• wengster
    replied
    Sb chio.....

Leave a comment:

• Ymc
    replied
    Nice...

Leave a comment:

• bearbearfury
    replied
    My new addition.

Leave a comment:

• Ymc
    replied
    I don't know how many series there are in the local pre-owned resale market; from my limited experience, the oldest piece I came across was T. Maybe others have seen more.

Oh, V is newer than M.

Leave a comment:

• Ymc
    replied
    I was re-reading my post back there and realized my mistake. The 40mm Explorer 16570 actually first came out in 1988, not 2010.

This article shares some info about the 16570:

Luxury Time: The Explorer II 16570-3186 - the last of the 5-digit sport Rolex models

Regarding how many series of the 40mm Explorer II there are and what the alphabet, M or V, represents, you can refer to this guide to date the watch:

Rolex serial numbers

Leave a comment:

• wengster
    replied
    How to differentiate Which series is newer between V series and M series or may I know how many series are there for Explorer 2 40mm

Leave a comment:

• wengster
    replied
    Originally posted by Ymc View Post
    Looks-wise you can also tell them apart.

The current Explorer I 214270, first launched in 2010, has a much bigger dial 39mm compared to the old one 14270 which is only 36mm.

The current Exolorer II 216570, first launched in 2011, is only slightly bigger than the old 16570. The new Exp II is 41.5mm while the old Exp II is 40mm. However, the very distinct feature about the new Exp II (216570) is that the 24-hr hand is big and bright orange in color and has a maxi dial. The hour and minute hands, and the hour markers are all larger. Everything on the dial stands out more clearly. The 24-hr hand on the old Exp II (16570) is slim and red in color with a black arrowhead and white insert.

If I can, I'll try to find some pics online and post them here.

What a useful info... Thanks man

Leave a comment:

• Dfive
    replied
    I love my white Ex2 42mm..... dead sexy !!

Leave a comment:

• Ymc
    replied
    Rolex Explorer II 216570 (new)

VS

Rolex Explorer II 16570 (old)

Leave a comment:

• Ymc
    replied
    Looks-wise you can also tell them apart.

The current Explorer I 214270, first launched in 2010, has a much bigger dial 39mm compared to the old one 14270 which is only 36mm.

The current Exolorer II 216570, first launched in 2011, is only slightly bigger than the old 16570. The new Exp II is 41.5mm while the old Exp II is 40mm. However, the very distinct feature about the new Exp II (216570) is that the 24-hr hand is big and bright orange in color and has a maxi dial. The hour and minute hands, and the hour markers are all larger. Everything on the dial stands out more clearly. The 24-hr hand on the old Exp II (16570) is slim and red in color with a black arrowhead and white insert.

If I can, I'll try to find some pics online and post them here.

Leave a comment:

• Matty
    replied
    Originally posted by wengster View Post
    Guys.. Explorer II always my dream watch.. I m in the middle saving up to get a pre-owned Explorer, there is so many series out there, may I know how do I differentiate which series is latest series? Any expert can help? Thanks...
    For explorer, latest model no is 214270 with alpha-numeric serial no. For ExpII, latest model no is 216570 with alpha-numeric serial no. Happy shopping!

Leave a comment:

• wengster
    replied
    Guys.. Explorer II always my dream watch.. I m in the middle saving up to get a pre-owned Explorer, there is so many series out there, may I know how do I differentiate which series is latest series? Any expert can help? Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• Matty
    replied
    Got mine for S$9522 aft 10% disc off the RRP of S$10580 from a local AD last Sep 2012. If u guys surf thru the websites of those advertisers here in SG-ROC, one could get a brand new piece at S$9K nett. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Ymc
    replied
    Saw it at Bright Time at Bencoolen last weekend. Parallel importer or grey dealer. They are offering it for $8998. Overseas AD. The THG I went to at Millennia Walk can offer 10% off. Didn't pursue it further though. Maybe can get higher discount.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X