This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cokiee View Post
    Haha i know (: and yes it's really nice.

Am just concerned that it may be a little big for my wrists.
    Its a very nice watch.I used to think that white is a better color,but after trying both colors on,i feel black looks equally nice too!

Comment

• Originally posted by stlf View Post
      Its quite hard to get ur hands on expII in singapore now as it seems that most ADs dont have stock at the moment.But if u are really interested in getting one,i can do u a favour at a very NICE price!
      Hi, can pm me the price.

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by kk united View Post
        Hi, can pm me the price.

thanks
        Please check ur PM.

Comment

• I want to buy the 16570 White Dial.

Which series should I get ? :S

Comment

• That depends how much you are willing to spend?
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• I am looking at $5000 thereabouts.

Would like to seek the opinions of the kind veterans here whether the year of make, with the differences in the hairpsring, dials, lug holes would make a difference and should I be concerned. Or is it a case of, as long as its a 16570, being a chronometer, I shouldnt be concerned irregardless of the make?

Comment

• Hello,

I know you've seen questions like mine ad inifinitum, so i do apologise for another price check. I'm pretty much bent on buying a 40mm Explorer II, and the question is now where, at how much.

I found some time to do some homework at the preowned shops, and found the following info:

shop at chinatown 1: F series, no box no papers no extra links - 5800, can go down to 5600 if by cash.
                shop at chinatown 2: W series, no box no papers no extra links - 5800, willing to go down to 5000 if by cash (wow?)
                shop online with shopfront also: F series, no box no papers no extra links - 5800 can go down to 5650 if by cash.

Given this sample i'd think the price for a preowned is pretty much stable to around 5800, without any discount factored in. The question is really - does this represent good value, given the current climate? I.e., basel 2011, with the new 42mm. I read about 30 pages and noticed that sometime start of last year some were being sold at about 5400, and so was wondering if this was slightly overpriced.

Thanks for any information you can give!

Comment

• I think prices have certainly scaled since the rumors of the new Explorer II started.
                  But that being said, there's no telling the next direction of the prices. I feel $5800 for no box, no papers is a little steep, unless the watch is at least 95% in overall condition.

At the end of the day, its how much the consumers are willing to pay, supply and demand. The shop offering $5000 if dealing by cash must have shocked you.. Hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by diapers View Post
                    I am looking at $5000 thereabouts.

Would like to seek the opinions of the kind veterans here whether the year of make, with the differences in the hairpsring, dials, lug holes would make a difference and should I be concerned. Or is it a case of, as long as its a 16570, being a chronometer, I shouldnt be concerned irregardless of the make?
                    I'm not a veteran but should be kind enough . I'd say again that it is an individual preference what you are after, or what you want in a watch. Some like it with lug-holes, some don't. Some like it with the engraved rehaut while some don't. Some like their vintage/older pieces polished new, while others like them in their original, 'worned-out' condition. Then there are those who go after certain movements while some are just not bothered by it. So, what's yours? Once you can answer all that to yourself, then you can start to look for one that you like and you will be able to appreciate the prices.

For the 16570, there was this transition of movement change - from the older 3185 to the new 3186. During that time (IIRC around 'Z' to 'M' series), some sellers jacked up the pricing for the newer movement models and of course, for a brief period, it did make some people wanting the newer models and willing to pay more for it. Well, it did not last long though. For example if a 'F' series 16570 was selling then at 5K while the 'M' series was sold at 7K at that time, which will you choose? Are you willing to pay a much higher price for the same watch when only you will know if it ticks '3185' or '3186' inside the watch?
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• My personal opinion is i like to get watches with complete set.
                      To me,it feels more "complete" and personal rather than getting one without box or papers.

Anyway,my new addition to my rolex sports family collection
                      The EXP II 42mm black dial!

Comment

• Omg! You must be damn rich la
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          Omg! You must be damn rich la
                          I just got a good deal,and of course adding up with my interest in the watch,therefore i got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by diapers View Post
                            At the end of the day, its how much the consumers are willing to pay, supply and demand. The shop offering $5000 if dealing by cash must have shocked you.. Hahaha
                            yes i did get a surprise, if nothing else. Wasn't entirely sure if it was a positive one, heh. It did seem a little dated for my liking though.

Originally posted by stlf View Post
                            Anyway,my new addition to my rolex sports family collection
                            The EXP II 42mm black dial!
                            wow nice one (: is it as big as it looks?

Comment

• Klassik, thank you, I'm sure you're a kind person.
                              With regards to what you just said, I certainly don't mind the lug holes, movement nor the Rolex logo etching. With or without I think I will get by.
                              I am just concerned because reading through many forums, some owners have expressed concerns that compared to the 3186 movement, the 3185 does seem a little more unreliable. I don't know if its a case of them being paranoid about the accuracy and movement, but 1 thing for sure, the older dials might have a lot less "lume", if I'm looking at the T dials as compared to the luminova and superluminova ?

So with this comment, I think I can deduce that functionality seems to matter to me more.

But I'm still in a dilemma which exactly to get. :S

Comment

• stlf, the phantom hands are really nice, thank you for the picture.

Surprisingly that this looks kinda big while your other watches in other posts looks okay. Haha

I think the box and papers matter a lot if there are plans to re-sell.
                                If not I think it does not matter, but a good to have.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X