Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WinEdBee View Post
    Hi all. Is the submariner ceramic a special series or are all the sub nowadays are ceramic?
    No, Subs are available in ceramic nowadays.
    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

• Originally posted by destht View Post
      Congrats for your new purchase.
      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

• why are you selling?

Comment

• Any Rolex gurus here willing to help authenticate a submariner by pictures? Can pm me and I will send the pictures to you! Or can I just post here?

Comment

• I think it's best that you send it over to RSC for authentication... for your own piece of mind.

Originally posted by Adeipho View Post
            Any Rolex gurus here willing to help authenticate a submariner by pictures? Can pm me and I will send the pictures to you! Or can I just post here?

Comment

• Originally posted by edsim View Post
              I think it's best that you send it over to RSC for authentication... for your own piece of mind.
              yup I will do it once I purchase it but just wanna know if its really authentic before I make the purchase.

Comment

• Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                To bro Horriblesars,

Ya, like bro skydweller had mentioned in the above sentence. Having a date or no date does make a different in price for the two subs in the question.
                sorry, noob here... so is the D more expensive?

Comment

• My new Sub.

Comment

• http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...424232026.jpg/

Comment

• the more i compare the dssd and gmt2c with the sub c, the more i feel that submariner is quickly losing its flagship status

truth is, the new sub c case lugs looks too squarish, with a weird proportion for the crown protectors size
                      it looks too much like the gmt2c without its own identity
                      the new squarish shape departs from the beautiful streamline design of the sub 16610 and seadweller 16660 quite substantially

on top of that, rolex made the gmt2c so similar to a submariner (bigger crown), that the former is actually now more popular than its big brother - of course, with the addition of bling factor (center polished links, large bezel index) and gmt hand, i guess rolex sells more gmt2c than sub c - just a guess

the dssd, on the other hand, is designed more closely to the 16610 and 16660 classic shape
                      the proportions of the lugs, crown protector, crown, case thickness are much better compared to the squarish sub c and gmt2c

i feel the magnifying glass above the date is also losing its appeal, looks rather old fashioned and outdated
                      dssd without the magnifying glass looks cleaner

now i know why the dssd and the daytona are priced the highest among all rolex sports models

Comment

• Maybe some prefer the retro feel w the magnifying glass above the date

Comment

• I personally prefer the sub with no date. More youthful looking and subtle.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Preference between GMT2 and Submariner depends on whether you need second time zone or waterproofing. Nothing much else to separate the two.

As for DSSD, it's just too heavy and large for normal use.

Comment

• not everyone can carry the dssd well
                              but if you could, it outshines the gmt2c and sub c as a sports watch, hands-down

Originally posted by archangelfire View Post
                              Preference between GMT2 and Submariner depends on whether you need second time zone or waterproofing. Nothing much else to separate the two.

As for DSSD, it's just too heavy and large for normal use.

Comment

• Hi guys, I'm new here.. just got a pre-own sub. It is a transition model 16803. There seems to be very little information about this model.. was wondering if anyone of you can help.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X