Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triton
    replied
    Originally posted by dnalz View Post
    sorry guys, can i just check with you all if its possible to buy the sub dial anywhere outside rsc??

was doing walking ard lucky plaza when i saw a pre-owned shop displaying a couple of tt sub with modified dial. look pretty elegant ...then suddenly feel like doing it also...
    yes it is possible to buy sub dial outside rsc, however, u take a risk if they are not original. it is your choice. however when u sent it to RSC make sure u have an original dial.

Leave a comment:

• dnalz
    replied
    sorry guys, can i just check with you all if its possible to buy the sub dial anywhere outside rsc??

was doing walking ard lucky plaza when i saw a pre-owned shop displaying a couple of tt sub with modified dial. look pretty elegant ...then suddenly feel like doing it also...

Leave a comment:

• 3xtra
    replied
    Originally posted by lolex View Post
    i agree...

but it is interesting though.. before i bought my subdate.. i don't pay attention to what others wear on their wrists.. increasingly these days, i seem to take more notice..
    its human nature to do so.

Originally posted by lolex View Post
    now... the other day i saw someone wearing a subdate.. on closer scrutiny, i noticed something is not right.. the second hand ticks rather than swipe across..

so there you go... the look may be common but not everyone wears the real mccoy
    its not the rolex subbie, its a folex subbie

Leave a comment:

• lolex
    replied
    Originally posted by 3xtra View Post
    i take it as a compliment if i see someone wearing a watch that i own.
    i agree...

but it is interesting though.. before i bought my subdate.. i don't pay attention to what others wear on their wrists.. increasingly these days, i seem to take more notice..

now... the other day i saw someone wearing a subdate.. on closer scrutiny, i noticed something is not right.. the second hand ticks rather than swipe across..

so there you go... the look may be common but not everyone wears the real mccoy

Leave a comment:

• 3xtra
    replied
    watches with good resale value shows the high demand, naturally the chances of seeing it on the street is higher if the price is not too high like eg $15k

i take it as a compliment if i see someone wearing a watch that i own.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    116710 is nice lah. But movement wise, it's using the 3186 movement which I think the main diff from traditional 16710 is the inclusion of new hairspring. The rest of enhancements are mainly cosmetic like larger crown and hands, ceramic bezel

To the laymen, the 16610 is black, the 116710 is also black. From far cannot see man

But look at the price
    true also. unless observant

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    eh. u sian is it? then u buy the 116710 and wear. then not common. then u feel elated already mah.
    116710 is nice lah. But movement wise, it's using the 3186 movement which I think the main diff from traditional 16710 is the inclusion of new hairspring. The rest of enhancements are mainly cosmetic like larger crown and hands, ceramic bezel

To the laymen, the 16610 is black, the 116710 is also black. From far cannot see man

But look at the price
    Last edited by minusplus; 13-12-07, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Sometimes quite sian when you see so many ppl wearing same watches as you. Wonder how long more this sub date fever going to last?
    eh. u sian is it? then u buy the 116710 and wear. then not common. then u feel elated already mah.

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Originally posted by charle View Post
    cant agree with u more, this sub date is a real common sight, i dun fail to see one fella wearing it without fail daily, anywhere from a branded stuff boutique to bus, hawker centre etc..
    Sometimes quite sian when you see so many ppl wearing same watches as you. Wonder how long more this sub date fever going to last?

Leave a comment:

• charle
    replied
    Not sure how long more this Sub Date fever going to last. But I already see 3 of my colleagues wearing Sub Dates to work. On occasions when I have to take the train, I never fail to see ppl wearing Rolexes, and of these, sub date seems to be one of the most common that I've seen. Even when I visit a pre-owned shop in JE, the auntie also asked: "Why all of you like this particular model so much huh?"

And so long as ppl still go after it, the price of sub dates will continue to be high
    cant agree with u more, this sub date is a real common sight, i dun fail to see one fella wearing it without fail daily, anywhere from a branded stuff boutique to bus, hawker centre etc..

Leave a comment:

• 3xtra
    replied
    You got so many others? Just wear the SD and admire the Sub lah

Or you pay me $7K. You come my house and I let you admire my sub date once every week?
    i charge cheaper la, $6.9k and also let u touch it

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Originally posted by lsk005 View Post
    dun "suan" me la. The reason getting another 1 is bcos 1 for wearing, the other 1 for admiring.
    You got so many others? Just wear the SD and admire the Sub lah

Or you pay me $7K. You come my house and I let you admire my sub date once every week?

Leave a comment:

• lsk005
    replied
    hahaha

And we've like you who's targetting a second Sub? Aren't you?
    dun "suan" me la. The reason getting another 1 is bcos 1 for wearing, the other 1 for admiring.

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Originally posted by lsk005 View Post
    Din u tell the auntie that the word "SUBMARINER" sounds more cool than "SEADWELLER" and "EXPLORER".Thats y its more popular.
    hahaha

And we've like you who's targetting a second Sub? Aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• lsk005
    replied
    Not sure how long more this Sub Date fever going to last. But I already see 3 of my colleagues wearing Sub Dates to work. On occasions when I have to take the train, I never fail to see ppl wearing Rolexes, and of these, sub date seems to be one of the most common that I've seen. Even when I visit a pre-owned shop in JE, the auntie also asked: "Why all of you like this particular model so much huh?"

And so long as ppl still go after it, the price of sub dates will continue to be high
    Din u tell the auntie that the word "SUBMARINER" sounds more cool than "SEADWELLER" and "EXPLORER".Thats y its more popular.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X