Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    Ok made your pic appear!
    Thks dude....just wanna let the ppl here know that earlier M-series subbie has no engraving.

Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

• now that's pretty uncommon.
      Remnants of my irresponsibility:
      "Foreign affections"
      1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
      2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
      3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
      4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
      What's NEXT?

Comment

• But eitherway...doesn't affect the value ...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• anyone here thinks it's silly to acquire a subdate despite owning a SD? my colleague is facing such a dilemma and we think he's nuts. any views?
          "Foreign affections"
          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
          What's NEXT?

Comment

• Hmm...unless the money really spare cash lor..i will get a LV or GMT2C to go with my SD, than Sub date prob last on my list...

Comment

• from a US rolex technician

Fact sheet:

- You cannot overwind an automatic watch.

- Your automatic watch will not keep running with just wearing it.
              (You have to actually move enough to keep it wound.)

- The date can change anywhere between 11:55pm and 12:05am.
              (If it changes around 12:00pm, just move your hands 12 hours forward.)

- Sapphire crystals can scratch, chip and shatter.

- Oils will dry out inside the movement over time.
              (even though people claim it to be airtight/ having synthetic oils which shouldn’t dry, etc.)

- You can turn the crown both ways while manually winding your watch.
              (It only works one way, but you don’t damage anything the other way.)

- You can turn the hands of your watch backwards when adjusting the time, or date. No worries!

- You can quickset the date any time of day on any Rolex.
              (Be aware that with some other movement, like ETA this is not always possible)

- Any Rolex will loose it's water resistance rating if gaskets aren't replaced on a regular basis. Gaskets do deteriorate over time.

- Rolex does not sell watches on-line, and does not allow AD’s to sell over the phone or internet.

- Authorized Rolex repair centers and watchmakers are not allowed to work on watches with after-market parts on them.

- Rolex will not honor a warranty, without the original paperwork or card properly filled out and belonging to the original purchaser.
              "Foreign affections"
              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
              What's NEXT?

Comment

• http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=42091

read more abt it here.
                "Foreign affections"
                1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                What's NEXT?

Comment

• Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                  anyone here thinks it's silly to acquire a subdate despite owning a SD? my colleague is facing such a dilemma and we think he's nuts. any views?
                  Not me ... (have sold the YM in the following pic a while back but miss it so I may get another YM again ... or add a Sub-ND ...)

运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

• Originally posted by psee View Post
                    Not me ... (have sold the YM in the following pic a while back but miss it so I may get another YM again ... or add a Sub-ND ...)

absolute kickass collection of rollies!
                    "Foreign affections"
                    1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                    What's NEXT?

Comment

absolute kickass collection of rollies!
                      Thks bro. After collecting watches for quite a while now and trying pieces from various brands, Rolex still holds a very special place to me ... Prob'ly a combination of their (generally) timeless designs, excellent retention of value, robust in-house movements and the perception formed since young that they are (one of) the best ...
                      运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

• It's a very personal preference, I think. IMO, it is NOT WISE to actually buy a watch of almost similar range/purpose/design. Worse, same brand some more. Of course, there are fanatics (near-crazy people) out there who want everything!

Please do not get offended and I think there are few forummers here who own quite a fair bit. It is NEVER wrong to own as many watches as one can, as long as one can afford and willing to spend.

Cheers!
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

anyone here thinks it's silly to acquire a subdate despite owning a SD? my colleague is facing such a dilemma and we think he's nuts. any views?
                          Simple la....you like can already

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Very good information there. Good effort! Thanks!!
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• My subordinate just came into my office to show me his newly bought (approx 18 hrs ago) sub LV.

he bought it from one of the reputaable resale shop at pplepark and paid a steal of 7.5k for a LNIB, M series Sub LV. Only thing is some light scruffs at the back and no green logo/sticker.

envious!

Everything complete. Have to send in the form to Japan for the warranty card to be mailed to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                                It's a very personal preference, I think. IMO, it is NOT WISE to actually buy a watch of almost similar range/purpose/design. Worse, same brand some more. Of course, there are fanatics (near-crazy people) out there who want everything!

Please do not get offended and I think there are few forummers here who own quite a fair bit. It is NEVER wrong to own as many watches as one can, as long as one can afford and willing to spend.

Cheers!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X