Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advices Btw My Black Sub Over LV Sub

Hi Pros, Gurus & Sensei,

I have been struggling with my thought over whether to sell my old black bezel Sub (U Series-1998 with Pin Holes & Complete Set) & buy the LV Sub with Chapter Ring (M-Series).
    The pre-owned dealer offer to take bck @ $4.3k, which I bought from him the same price in year 2000.

i) I wonder is it a good offering price ? How much the price push further ?
    ii) Is my old Sub consider an old movement & discon model ?
    iii) Will the price further appreciate ?
    iv) Is it a good call to forgo my old Sub & go for LV Sub ?

What make me go for Sub LV is b’cos of the Chapter Ring (M-Series).

May I know is there a black bezel Sub with Chapter Ring in the current market ?

Pls kindly shine me some light & tips. I hereby thk u for ur promptly relpy.

I m Damn Sleepless Endless Night !
    New ROLEXY on the Blog

Wishlist
    1) Yach-Master (16622)
    2) Explorer II - Black/White (216570)
    3) Submariner TTc (116613LB)

Madness
    The ITCH is getting worse & incurable

Repentance
    I let go my beloved U-Series Sub (16610) for the newcomers.

Yes, just bought my Sub in Nov... M series with chapter ring....

Comment

In these times, watches move at relatively lower prices as compared to 8 months ago. You might be able to try something higher (since your set is complete), at around $5k first, and if it doesn't move, adjust it slightly downwards. I'm assuming that you have the subdate. With the 14060M prices hovering between S$3.7k to S$4.2k thereabouts, my feel is that S$4.3k is too low for a complete set. But various other factors come into play - condition of the watch, how loose are the bracelet links, when was the last service etc. Why not try selling it on the trading subforum here on SGROC? Or you can also spend an afternoon on Saturday going to pre-owned rolex dealers such as Koh Watches or Top Hour to check how much they're taking your set in. The thing about Rolex watches is that they will appreciate over time. As for whether u should trade your Sub for a LV, it really depends on your likes of the LV. Prices took a dive recently and a new LV could be had at around S$7.4k. I just got mine a couple of days back and love the maxi dial and the green bezel. And yes, the M series black sub do come with an engraved chapter ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexushowroom View Post
        Hi Pros, Gurus & Sensei,

I have been struggling with my thought over whether to sell my old black bezel Sub (U Series-1998 with Pin Holes & Complete Set) & buy the LV Sub with Chapter Ring (M-Series).
        The pre-owned dealer offer to take bck @ $4.3k, which I bought from him the same price in year 2000.

i) I wonder is it a good offering price ? How much the price push further ?
        ii) Is my old Sub consider an old movement & discon model ?
        iii) Will the price further appreciate ?
        iv) Is it a good call to forgo my old Sub & go for LV Sub ?

What make me go for Sub LV is b’cos of the Chapter Ring (M-Series).

May I know is there a black bezel Sub with Chapter Ring in the current market ?

Pls kindly shine me some light & tips. I hereby thk u for ur promptly relpy.

I m Damn Sleepless Endless Night !
        Offer price too low. I will buy from you at 4.5k anytime hehehe

Anyway..you can post at sgroc garage for about 5k...that's ard market price.

Price wise...it won't appreciate much as of now...prices quite stagnant but we never know. And no it's not considered a discon model actually.

Good call? That's up to you la....as long as you like the sub LV it's of course gd.

Yes there are black subs with the chapter ring.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Hey ! Rolex Gurus,

Thks for your promptly replies and all the advices & tips.

K, i will bring my set & go around the pre-owned dealers to chk it out for it's value.

At the mean time get a digi-camera to take some good pics & post it on SG-ROC for any taker.

Anyone know the current price for the M series chapter ring Black sub offering by AD & pre-owned dealers (BNIB) ?

Originally posted by apuneh View Post
          In these times, watches move at relatively lower prices as compared to 8 months ago. You might be able to try something higher (since your set is complete), at around $5k first, and if it doesn't move, adjust it slightly downwards. I'm assuming that you have the subdate. With the 14060M prices hovering between S$3.7k to S$4.2k thereabouts, my feel is that S$4.3k is too low for a complete set. But various other factors come into play - condition of the watch, how loose are the bracelet links, when was the last service etc. Why not try selling it on the trading subforum here on SGROC? Or you can also spend an afternoon on Saturday going to pre-owned rolex dealers such as Koh Watches or Top Hour to check how much they're taking your set in. The thing about Rolex watches is that they will appreciate over time. As for whether u should trade your Sub for a LV, it really depends on your likes of the LV. Prices took a dive recently and a new LV could be had at around S$7.4k. I just got mine a couple of days back and love the maxi dial and the green bezel. And yes, the M series black sub do come with an engraved chapter ring.
          Hey Bro Apuneh,

The price of $7.4k for the Sub LV u grab is from AD or Pre-Owned Dealer ?
          New ROLEXY on the Blog

Wishlist
          1) Yach-Master (16622)

Madness

Repentance

Comment

Bro go to preowned dealers the price is definitely quite low 1...ard 4k there...

Sell direct to buyer...at SGROC...best...

AD offer 7.8k for black sub date...BNIB dealers I think 7k ard there can get..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Keep old; buy new.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                Bro go to preowned dealers the price is definitely quite low 1...ard 4k there...

Sell direct to buyer...at SGROC...best...

AD offer 7.8k for black sub date...BNIB dealers I think 7k ard there can get..
                Ha.....Darkangel Bro !

Thks for the hope ! Yah ! i shld hv faith to sell it in SGROC !
                New ROLEXY on the Blog

Wishlist
                1) Yach-Master (16622)

Madness

Repentance

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  Keep old; buy new.
                  Guess I have to agree with you

Comment

Sell old sub for at least 5k, buy 2nd hand sub lv if it goes below 7k. in this way, u top up 2k and enjoy newer watch.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X