Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official GMT-Master thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is 8.5% a good discount from a local AD for SS GMT Master II - Full Black (List Price $11,300)?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DreamWatch View Post
      Is 8.5% a good discount from a local AD for SS GMT Master II - Full Black (List Price $11,300)?
      Thought I could get a discount for Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN but I was wrong. AD did not accede to my request for a discount. They said this black GMT II had gained a lot in sales and popularity due to the spill-over effect of Batman 116710BLNR. Many customers bought the black GMT II when there was no stock for Batman. Some customers had in fact chosen the black GMT II when they did a comparison with Batman on the wrist. AD said the black GMT II had become the Darth Vader in the Rolex line because it is shiny, black and mean-looking. He mentioned some customers didn't like colourful and cartoon-looking Rolex. He also went as far as saying that the black GMT II 116710LN would soon sell at a premium and it wasn't a matter of "if" but a matter of "when" because demand had outpaced supply. Ended up paying nett price of S$11,300 for the black GMT II but still happy because it is such a handsome watch.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DreamWatch View Post
        Thought I could get a discount for Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN but I was wrong. AD did not accede to my request for a discount. They said this black GMT II had gained a lot in sales and popularity due to the spill-over effect of Batman 116710BLNR. Many customers bought the black GMT II when there was no stock for Batman. Some customers had in fact chosen the black GMT II when they did a comparison with Batman on the wrist. AD said the black GMT II had become the Darth Vader in the Rolex line because it is shiny, black and mean-looking. He mentioned some customers didn't like colourful and cartoon-looking Rolex. He also went as far as saying that the black GMT II 116710LN would soon sell at a premium and it wasn't a matter of "if" but a matter of "when" because demand had outpaced supply. Ended up paying nett price of S$11,300 for the black GMT II but still happy because it is such a handsome watch.

        Congrats...now let's see the handsome watch...we all love pictures here...



        'It ain't how hard you hit;
        it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
        How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
        That's how winning is done.'

        Comment


        • Wasn't a fan at first but...it seems to be the Rolex I come back again and again... 3 times...traded 1, sold 1 and left with 1.

          A firm favorite...





          'It ain't how hard you hit;
          it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
          How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
          That's how winning is done.'

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
            Congrats...now let's see the handsome watch...we all love pictures here...

            Thanks bro! Here it is...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
              Wasn't a fan at first but...it seems to be the Rolex I come back again and again... 3 times...traded 1, sold 1 and left with 1.

              A firm favorite...



              Wah niceee..
              The Crown Of Achievement

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DreamWatch View Post
                Thanks bro! Here it is...

                Handsome bugger

                Tx for sharing
                The Crown Of Achievement

                Comment


                • Anyone mounted jubilee bracelet on their SS gmt? 16700, 16710 or 116710?

                  Would love to hear some feedback and pics would be good as well.



                  'It ain't how hard you hit;
                  it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
                  How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
                  That's how winning is done.'

                  Comment


                  • [/QUOTE]

                    Wow... Nice! My favourite Rolex of all time.

                    Comment


                    • I m a newbie. And a fan of GMT master 2 BLNR. Hope to learn frm the elder. Nice to meet u all.

                      Comment


                      • Anyone can advise whats the difference between a G series, M series or AN series? Totally have no clue on this. TIA

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by GrumpyCat View Post
                          Anyone can advise whats the difference between a G series, M series or AN series? Totally have no clue on this. TIA
                          https://www.minus4plus6.com/numbers.php
                          The Crown Of Achievement

                          Comment


                          • Hi, I just bought a new GMT Master that comes with box,tag and warranty. Just wondering if Rolex now do not issue the certificate (bout A4 or A3 size). Anyone can confirm this? TIA

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GrumpyCat View Post
                              Hi, I just bought a new GMT Master that comes with box,tag and warranty. Just wondering if Rolex now do not issue the certificate (bout A4 or A3 size). Anyone can confirm this? TIA
                              You mentioned "...comes with box,tag and warranty.". So the "warranty" is a credit card sized card correct? This card replaced the paper certificate. IIRC, the change took place between 2006 and 2007.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                                You mentioned "...comes with box,tag and warranty.". So the "warranty" is a credit card sized card correct? This card replaced the paper certificate. IIRC, the change took place between 2006 and 2007.
                                Thanks for the great info. At least I can have a piece of mind now... appreciate it 👍

                                Comment

                                Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

                                Collapse

                                Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X