X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi bro, suppose to have 13 links in total. maybe you count wrongly? cheers

Comment

• i should believe that the all black is here to stay. since it's the basic gmt-2c.

whatever it is, im keeping my coke.

i've got small wrist. so, maxi case and maxi dials don't work for me..

Comment

• Hi seniors,

Had been looking at Gmt2 16710 black ss and it will be my 1st rolex.

Can anyone advise what to look out for when buying from the garage here? Understand the price will be btw 6-7k.

Is it necessary to get it verifed if i were to get with papers? Box not impt to me.

Thanks for guiding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davo23 View Post
          Hi seniors,

Can anyone advise what to look out for when buying from the garage here? Understand the price will be btw 6-7k.

Is it necessary to get it verifed if i were to get with papers? Box not impt to me.

Thanks for guiding.
          Hi. Im no senior but here's my 2cents worth..

Ive bought 2 preowned oysters thus far (more to come i think).

Got my 1st on 121212 @ a 2nd hand watch dealer. Got my gmt-coke with only watch + cert. it was my first pre owned so i bought it rather quiuckly w/o 1st seeking forums etc. that said, im happy to have my grail of 14yrs finally with me.

Got my 2nd just 2wks ago from a seller on ***.

My 2 cents is this..

Buy from trusted sellers. Be it private sellers or dealers. Avoid sellers whom just joined in to make a quick buck. Though some as really honest sellers.
          I would more often than not seek that the watch at least have a cert that matches the watch.
          If the watch is more than say, 10yrs old, if it looked too pristine, then an initial red flag should be raised. That said, the watch could have been polished or even unworn since the time it was purchsed (again you gotta talk to the seller and hopefully you find him honest).
          Do ur reading and research to get the basics such as what model number matches with what dial (ie swiss t<25 Swiss Swiss made)

Learn to check the serial number and model number. The bracelet code.

Condition of the watch is also important.

Bring along a friend who knows a lot about watches and specifically the model and brand youre after during your viewing of the piece. Bring in a body language expert if you want the credibility of the seller assessed.

If the price offered is too low, it could be a fake.
          That said, high prices dont mean it's genuine either.

Above all, knowledge is key..

If all else fails, a small charge to RSC would mean you having a sound sleep, then i'd say, why not!
          After all, youre not paying for a kids time teller here.. Youre paying for mens. So a little pinch is at times okay just so not to hv regrets in the future.

There are some sweet looking 16710 black in the forums and others. With box and complete set etc..

I wish you good luck and do update us if youve finally get it yeah..

Cheers

Comment

• Ive been reading around..

The new gmt2 some call it batman right?

My theory from reading around...

Blue-black = bruise

'Bruise' sounds like 'bruce'.

Bruce wayne = batman!!

N the batman in the early 90's he wears blue-black bat suit!

Im a batman fan. But call it whatever, i stick to my coke n giving this batty a miss. Sorry bruise, i mean bruce..

Comment

• Parts could have been changed with aftermarket ones especially the bezel. If you want assurance, just bring it to RSC for verification and it will cost you only $100+.

Originally posted by Davo23 View Post
              Hi seniors,

Thanks for guiding.

Comment

• Originally posted by zhleez View Post
                Parts could have been changed with aftermarket ones especially the bezel. If you want assurance, just bring it to RSC for verification and it will cost you only $100+.

Bro,
                To be exact, verification cost @ RSC cost $107 inclusive gst
                You Never Actually Own A Patek Philippe. You Merely Take Care Of It For The Next Generation.

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION:
                2014 Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167/1A-001
                2012 Rolex GMT II 116713LN Steel With Gold "G" SERIAL
                2011 ROLEX SUBMARINER 116610LN Ceramic Bezel "V" SERIAL

HER'S:
                Rolex Oyster Perpetual (Stainless Steel) Black Dial with Diamond Markers
                Rolex ladies datejust 69173 (Half-Gold) Blue Dial with Diamond Markers

Comment

• How popular is the Blue / Black anyways... Ive seen some selling here for a month unsold.... not as popular as the EXP 2 42MM was in early 2012.
                  ROLEX.

Comment

• Not so sure.

Not sure ppl are willing to pay a premium for a watch that is rapidly going to be available everywhere.
                    But ADs sell them very rapidly.
                    At least, all of them I've talked to.

I'm not worried for this version.

But still, I keep my pepsi

Comment

• Since I'm still new here and not allowed to start a new thread, I might as well post it here

I took the plunge 2 weeks ago after seeing it a THG.

This is prolly gonna sound stupid but basically for the next 7 days I was polishing it constantly at home with a microfibre cloth and cleaning it with hand under soap and running water everyday after use.
                      On work days, I made it a point to shield them under my shirt cuffs to prevent any scratches. (I figured it will look stupid with the bezel plastic)
                      2 weeks on, sad to say there are lotsa hairline scratches (even 2 little ones on the platinum coated triangle bezel) and I've no idea where they come from !?

I hear that the 904L Steel that rolex uses was supposed to be less prone to scratches. Is there anything abnormal about the way i wear it or the cleaning cloth has problems or is this simply a fact I need to face up to ?

Comment

• Hi Fellow GMT2 collectors,

Got my first Rolex by accident...literally accident.

I was enjoying my leave and just browsing around AD for price updates and just don't know why suddenly got urge to buy Daytona. But price was out of budget. Tried GMT Master II with Ceramic bezel looks nice and just close the deal like that.

When put on wrist looks cool and sporty, my wife also has a agreeing smile and just like like I told him I take that.

No regrets nice watch with sportingly cool looks.
                        GMT Master II - 116710LN (Dec 2013)
                        Datejust II - 116334BLRO (Jan 2015)

Comment

• Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to change bezel to the black/blue ceramic one and how much does it cost?
                          GMT Master II - 116710LN (Dec 2013)
                          Datejust II - 116334BLRO (Jan 2015)

Comment

• Yeah I just got my gmt ii c today. Admiring it

Comment

• Hi guys, happy new year! I m a newbie here..i luv GMT too.

Comment

• May i know what is the lastest gmt..n what colors they come in?
                                Sorry i very new in rolex!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X