X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leslie
    replied
    Originally posted by paithorn View Post
    after testing my watch on that machine and confirmed to be 4 sec slow..... they asked me if i want to adjust and warned that the bracelet need to be removed. I asked then why must tell me....they replied that the braclet might scratch the watch.....
    I was montiring that guy that adjusted my watch....they actually taped the links before attaching the braclet back after the job....no scratches at all.... i would say it is a perfect job...
    maybe they are more careful nowadays..actually removing and attaching the bracelet can be quite safe if you put scotch tape on it before doing..that uncle techie no longer around..maybe he was going to rod so rod mood, anyhow ripped my bracelet out..

Leave a comment:

• paithorn
    replied
    Originally posted by leslie View Post
    Hi Bro,

How is the service standard of RSC nowadays? Did they put on any marks on the lugs of the gmt? I was asking because of some bad experience with RSC servicing and have a phobia of going there again.. sent in my 1 week old 16570 back in Feb 2006 and received 4 deep chipped marks on the lugs with compliments from the ah peh technician sitting in front.. brought it in for touch up and they polished it until the lugs looks worn like a 24 year old steve mcqueen ex 2..
    after testing my watch on that machine and confirmed to be 4 sec slow..... they asked me if i want to adjust and warned that the bracelet need to be removed. I asked then why must tell me....they replied that the braclet might scratch the watch.....
    I was montiring that guy that adjusted my watch....they actually taped the links before attaching the braclet back after the job....no scratches at all.... i would say it is a perfect job...

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    PLS NOTE: If you wish to be added onto the owners list,please PM me as I hardly come to the GMT-Master forums Sry bout it!

Leave a comment:

• leslie
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    i share your anger and frustation considering it is a new piece. if the watch was bought brand new i will demand for them to give a new case. as it is a barely a week old.
    That is a new D series brought from dickson in jan 2006..was 1 week old when i brought it in.. have already specfically told them to becareful about scratches but still they chose to ignore it.. wrote in to geneva but no reply at all..

case replacement might be a problem because of the serial number..it will not tally with the papers and doesn't seems like a viable option if u wanna sell it later..

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Originally posted by leslie View Post
    Hi Bro,

How is the service standard of RSC nowadays? Did they put on any marks on the lugs of the gmt? I was asking because of some bad experience with RSC servicing and have a phobia of going there again.. sent in my 1 week old 16570 back in Feb 2006 and received 4 deep chipped marks on the lugs with compliments from the ah peh technician sitting in front.. brought it in for touch up and they polished it until the lugs looks worn like a 24 year old steve mcqueen ex 2..
    i share your anger and frustation considering it is a new piece. if the watch was bought brand new i will demand for them to give a new case. as it is a barely a week old.

Leave a comment:

• leslie
    replied
    Originally posted by paithorn View Post
    Just for info to all interested....

I finally brought my watch to RSC and get it adjusted. They are able to tell your deviations in just 1 minute when they place yr watch on a machine....my watch is now on PERFECT timing! All positions!!
    Hi Bro,

Leave a comment:

• ohlins
    replied
    Originally posted by daveevan View Post
    Hi, may i know is this the latest GMT-Master II model -- 116710
    yes latest

Leave a comment:

• daveevan
    replied
    Originally posted by profjohn View Post
    If you can grab it, get it. Last month I went to Nuremberg in Germany from UK and flew via Amsterdam Schiphol where I saw that the lowest price for the 16710 in Europe is at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport Plaza. There're 3 watch boutiques and a Rolex boutique in the airport as well so there's stock for 16710. The price of a 16710 (tax free) is 3800 Euros. In downtown Amsterdam it cost around 4300 Euros. Definitely more expensive in France and Germany! It cost £2740 in the UK with most jewellers having no stock at all.
    Hi, may i know is this the latest GMT-Master II model -- 116710

Leave a comment:

• lsk005
    replied
    does anyone know whether any AD still has the brand new discontinued GMT master II? if have, i wanna buy.thks.

Leave a comment:

• profjohn
    replied
    Cheapest in Europe: Amsterdam Schiphol Airport Plaza

If you can grab it, get it. Last month I went to Nuremberg in Germany from UK and flew via Amsterdam Schiphol where I saw that the lowest price for the 16710 in Europe is at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport Plaza. There're 3 watch boutiques and a Rolex boutique in the airport as well so there's stock for 16710. The price of a 16710 (tax free) is 3800 Euros. In downtown Amsterdam it cost around 4300 Euros. Definitely more expensive in France and Germany! It cost £2740 in the UK with most jewellers having no stock at all.

Leave a comment:

• paithorn
    replied
    I was in the same shoes as you..... always loved the old GMT....but once I've seen the new GMT, can't get my eyes off the newer one!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    the BLRO @ watch palace was priced @ $8.5k, no discount.(what the .... ) i cocok the guy but he nvr budge;he say it's boss's strict instruction. the last time(last mth) I asked at KSS in Ppl Park was $8.0k, with some price off if I confirm buy on the spot. Makes me feel like a fool everything I walk away and come back and ask a few days later....

but yesterday as i hold the old and current GMTII on both hands to compare, my heart sways towards the new one. the (new font) numerals on the blk bezel is distinctively nicer looking than the BLRO's. i always wanted the BLRO....but, now i am a little bit in 2 minds already....

Leave a comment:

• paithorn
    replied
    agreed, what kinda quote is that when you have no stocks? It is just a delaying tactics to prevent ppl from buying at other ADs...

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Originally posted by keltzar View Post
    my cousin was at HG . They quoted him $9.5k list-price, but did not have stock.
    like gar-bage mentioned, where there is no stock. they can quote whatever price they want. cause it is not possible to deal. these are the SA i avoid. at least mine tells me straight in the face- no stock, cannot quote. this is what i call 'professional'.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by keltzar View Post
    my cousin was at HG . They quoted him $9.5k list-price, but did not have stock.
    no stk, no story leh....

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X