X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GlowBoi
    replied
    Originally posted by James se View Post
    bought my 1st rolex gmt 2 from THG last night...
    quality definitely better than my tag carrera..
    do u guys wear it everyday? heartpain if use everyday get scratches
    Congrats on your fine purchase! Like what many bros here mention, watches are meant to be worn, and the GMT 2 is a good work horse.

I'm wearing a 2 tone GMT 2 daily for nearly 5 months now, and the watch is still very mint. Key is to be careful when you are wearing the watch and not go bang against wall, objects etc. you also learn to shield your watch in crowded places lest some idiots clash their watch against yours, which is really OUCH! Lol

Leave a comment:

• gilaone
    replied
    quality definitely better than my tag carrera...

I worn my Seamaster everytime since i got it in 2006. You should just wear it everyday. They are beaters that made to be worn everyday : )

I am also now itch for the GMTII. Did you get any discount from THG? Or paid the nett 10980?

Also another question I have. Some 2nd shops display their Rolex as "Brand new" and are selling at a lower price - e.g. GMTII go for 9500. Are they genuinely brand new? How we tell it is really brand new? How they (the shop) able to do this?

Leave a comment:

• newbie09
    replied
    Watches are meant to be worn, otherwise it defeats the purpose of buying a watch. Just wear it!! Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Mezz72
    replied

i wear it almost everyday. Heart pain for what?

I saw somewhere before - objects are made to be used, and people to be loved. Not the other way round.

Leave a comment:

• James se
    replied
    Ya, will wear it....1 day in the drawer I bua han Liao

Leave a comment:

• kt Lim
    replied
    Congrats bro,

Just wear it everyday and enjoy every moment with it...but please nv compare compare a lolex with tag...

Anyway wear it with good health and there yr poison starts...

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• skydweller_sg
    replied
    congrats on the purchase, but tag compared to rolex?
    a fairer comparison for tag would be longines, oris, tudor which belongs to the same tier
    rolex should compare against the likes of iwc, omega, breitling

btw the center polished links are a scratch magnet - daily wear would definitely get hairlines

Leave a comment:

• James se
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Congratulations! I can almost feel the excitement in you from your post . Hope to see some pics of your watch soon

Leave a comment:

• Wwaagghh
    replied
    Finally hooted my first ever Rolex!

Bought from a bro on the forum a GMT2 16713 with Jubilee bracelet. Not exactly the nipple dial Tiger Auge I was looking for but close enough.

Now must stay away from the trading pits for a while so that I won't get poisoned for a followup piece haha

Leave a comment:

• Temasek2010
    replied
    GMT master 2

GMT master 2 really has a presence with its Ceramic bezel!

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    There's a thread in the forum that discusses this, ie when is a watch considered 'vintage'. You may want to do a search if you are keen.

Tx.

Leave a comment:

• Wwaagghh
    replied
    Hi all, just a quick qn about GMTs. Was wondering if a GMT2 16710 be considered a vintage piece? It's been discontinued and all, some of my friends would classify it as such but some claim that it's too new to be considered vintage. Just curious that's all

Leave a comment:

• Jubilee
    replied
    Originally posted by adimarc View Post
    dear bros....I'm a Rolex noobie and taking my first plunge....hence am keenly contemplating getting the Rolex GMT 2 Ceramic model :116710LN...
    any recommendation or advice on where is the best place (particular shop in any particular country) to get it and what's the current price range like...thanks!
    Same. Info would be much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• adimarc
    replied
    dear bros....I'm a Rolex noobie and taking my first plunge....hence am keenly contemplating getting the Rolex GMT 2 Ceramic model :116710LN...
    any recommendation or advice on where is the best place (particular shop in any particular country) to get it and what's the current price range like...thanks!

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X