replied
    I am in love with this......

http://www.rolex.com/en#/rolex-watch...m116718ln-0002

but price is even lovelier lol.

Leave a comment:

• Resurge
    replied
    Originally posted by ejong View Post
    yup... have worn it a couple of times, and still think the look is quite nice.
    dreading the day where i bang the watch into wall/glass door/table etc... sure will... murphy's law... :|
    Well,maybe if that day ever comes,u probably would be getting a new watch by then?heehee. :P

Leave a comment:

• ejong
    replied
    Originally posted by Resurge View Post
    Yeah, it's like that.Polished always look better than matte finish.Can always go for polishing after some time to restore the shine.But scratches basically nothing much to do abit it.
    yup... have worn it a couple of times, and still think the look is quite nice.
    dreading the day where i bang the watch into wall/glass door/table etc... sure will... murphy's law... :|

Leave a comment:

• FirstAugust
    replied
    Thank u!
    I'm loving it!

Leave a comment:

• Resurge
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstAugust View Post
    Another proud owner of a brand new Gmt ii !
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• FirstAugust
    replied
    Another proud owner of a brand new Gmt ii !

Leave a comment:

• Resurge
    replied
    Originally posted by ejong View Post
    Recently bought a GMT2 TT. Now thinking that the gold bits on the bracelet would scratch easily... but the look is nicer than matte finish though. So how? Just bite thumb and bear with the (soon to come) scratches.... :P
    Yeah, it's like that.Polished always look better than matte finish.Can always go for polishing after some time to restore the shine.But scratches basically nothing much to do abit it.

Leave a comment:

• kohym
    replied
    wear and be happy. take reasonable care but no need to be over paranoid. enjoy the watch, scratches are part of wearing and character.

Leave a comment:

• ejong
    replied
    Recently bought a GMT2 TT. Now thinking that the gold bits on the bracelet would scratch easily... but the look is nicer than matte finish though. So how? Just bite thumb and bear with the (soon to come) scratches.... :P

Leave a comment:

• Destiny
    replied
    Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    In the past, the serial numbers would tell you the date of production of a ROLEX watch. However, this "understanding" stopped when ROLEX changed the serialising systeming to one of alpha-numeric around late 2010 onwards, if I did not get it wrongly. So from the records, the alpha-numeric serial numbers first appeared after 'V' series, and at the same time, the 'G' series came about at almost the same time. Thereafter, the 'G' series seemed to have faded out with mostly the alpha-numeric series going around till now. So which is newer? I not yet know. But one thing for sure that you have it right, the watches are the same whether it's a Submariner 'G'/alpha-numeric series.

Cheers!

Thanks!
    So the watches is the same,just the serial number.
    Have been comparing the watches to see which stuff is alphanumeric(thought the fonts of the watch is different,sorry for that),lol,when it's just the serial number.
    Really appreciate it, u been a great help!

I'm loving mine now. More to come,hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    In the past, the serial numbers would tell you the date of production of a ROLEX watch. However, this "understanding" stopped when ROLEX changed the serialising systeming to one of alpha-numeric around late 2010 onwards, if I did not get it wrongly. So from the records, the alpha-numeric serial numbers first appeared after 'V' series, and at the same time, the 'G' series came about at almost the same time. Thereafter, the 'G' series seemed to have faded out with mostly the alpha-numeric series going around till now. So which is newer? I not yet know. But one thing for sure that you have it right, the watches are the same whether it's a Submariner 'G'/alpha-numeric series.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Resurge
    replied
    nice info.

Leave a comment:

• Destiny
    replied
    Has been quite frustrated n wondering have I just bought an old model new watch.
    As I know there's this alphanumeric around but didn't know quite sure what its all about n I bought the G series as the AD keep saying this is it.
    If its just the serial number(not different in the timepiece) then it's ok.

Leave a comment:

• Destiny
    replied
    Thanks!
    So it's only the serial number that's different,other than that means the watch is the same right?

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Read this:

http://www.oysterworld.de/production-dates.html

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X