Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14060M discontinued? worth keeping?

Hi venerable Bros,

I have a BNIB 14060M bought in 3Q this year. I have originally considered selling it, but heard that this model has already been discontinued, and that I should throw it into my safe. I am considering doing so.

Any one out there can confirm that this model is not longer in production? Also is it worth keeping in the long run?

I regret not getting the non-COSC 14060M (when it was still available) instead of this COSC 14060M ...
    thanks.

From what I know...14060M is not discontinued...only that the newer pieces have a newer movement.

This model is still in production but with a different movement than last time.

May I know where you get your info from?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

still in production.
      the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
      visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Not sure newer 14060M (V series) now come with Chapter Ring and NO lug holes ...

Resale price seems weak - only ard $4000 to $4200

But will looks nice on your girl though - U wear one with DATE and she NO DATE... hehehe

Comment

Ahhh... nw u giving me ideas
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by submarooner View Post
            Hi venerable Bros,

I have a BNIB 14060M bought in 3Q this year. I have originally considered selling it, but heard that this model has already been discontinued, and that I should throw it into my safe. I am considering doing so.

Any one out there can confirm that this model is not longer in production? Also is it worth keeping in the long run?

I regret not getting the non-COSC 14060M (when it was still available) instead of this COSC 14060M ...
            thanks.

Pretty sure the COSC-14060M is still in production
            运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by submarooner View Post
              Hi venerable Bros,

thanks.
              Originally posted by DM101 View Post
              Not sure newer 14060M (V series) now come with Chapter Ring and NO lug holes ...

I think all 14060 and 14060M come with lug holes. They also do not have the SEL regardless of their production series. the older 14060 has the 3000 movements and it was upgraded to the 3130 movement that was reflected in an addition of the letter "M" in its model number resulting in the current 14060M. Though the latest 14060M from M series also incorporate the 3130 movement, they are now officially chronometer certified (COSC) and thus have the words "Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified" indicated on their dials. In addition, the COSC 14060M now comes with the chapter ring. So technically the 14060M are still in production but now come with the cosmetic upgrades that I had mentioned.

As for collectibility of the non-Cosc and COSC 14060M, some are speculating that the COSC ones would have more potential as the Submariner line are expected to be upgraded to ceramic bezel and supercases (similar to that of the GMT Master II ceramic) in the near future and therefore making them to be available in a relatively short production period.
              HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
              REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                still in production.
                I think A Png told him that...but not sure. I rmb someone saying that A Png told him 14060M would be discon...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I believe its still in production, but like all watches, they will be discontinued one day. Its just a question of "when".

buy it only if u like it. moreover, its a rolex, it can't be that bad when u sell it off in the future.

Comment

Very true words. Most importantly must love the watch you bought.

For understanding if I am to write down the dates x multiply the number of productions in a year:

? - 2000: 14060 with 3000 movement
                    2000/2001 to 2007: 14060M with 3130 movement
                    2008 to ? : 14060M COSC with 3130 movement

In this respect, more likely the 14060M COSC will be with lesser pieces in circulation (if production run ends in 2010) than 14060M (no-COSC), followed by 14060.

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
                    I think all 14060 and 14060M come with lug holes. They also do not have the SEL regardless of their production series. the older 14060 has the 3000 movements and it was upgraded to the 3130 movement that was reflected in an addition of the letter "M" in its model number resulting in the current 14060M. Though the latest 14060M from M series also incorporate the 3130 movement, they are now officially chronometer certified (COSC) and thus have the words "Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified" indicated on their dials. In addition, the COSC 14060M now comes with the chapter ring. So technically the 14060M are still in production but now come with the cosmetic upgrades that I had mentioned.

As for collectibility of the non-Cosc and COSC 14060M, some are speculating that the COSC ones would have more potential as the Submariner line are expected to be upgraded to ceramic bezel and supercases (similar to that of the GMT Master II ceramic) in the near future and therefore making them to be available in a relatively short production period.
                    My humble keepsakes:
                    1) Submariner 14060
                    2) Submariner 14060M
                    3) Sea Dweller 16600
                    4) Explorer II 16570 (Polar)
                    5) Azimuth JagdBomber
                    6) Azimuth Bombardier I,II,III, IV & V
                    7) Azimuth 55mm B-hur Original Luftwaffe Specification Limited Edition
                    8) Seiko Samurai Ti (Black)
                    9) Panerai Black Seal
                    10) IWC Big Pilot (5004)
                    11) IWX Mark XIV

Comment

will keep in safe

Taurus75 and Mickey,
                      thanks for the excellent information.
                      I will throw the 14060M BNIB into safe for keepsake.

Comment

hearsay

Re: 14060M stop production
                        source of (mis)information from a Rolex collector, whose name i shall not mention here. But am glad to have one piece at hand for now. Not being foolhardy, I hope.

Bros, thanks for clarification!

Comment

Originally posted by mickey_ View Post
                          Very true words. Most importantly must love the watch you bought.

For understanding if I am to write down the dates x multiply the number of productions in a year:

? - 2000: 14060 with 3000 movement
                          2000/2001 to 2007: 14060M with 3130 movement
                          2008 to ? : 14060M COSC with 3130 movement

In this respect, more likely the 14060M COSC will be with lesser pieces in circulation (if production run ends in 2010) than 14060M (no-COSC), followed by 14060.
                          Agreed, good info
                          14060 COSC will be a classic.

Comment

A gd lead would be the Rolex Catalog / Brochure. 14060M is still in the 2009 issue .
                            the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

this sub ND is readily available at most ADs..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X