Clear All

• Want to buy new Rolex sport model please advise

Need some helps from bros here

I 'm looking to buy a new sport model and have narrowed to these fews

a...Gmt 2 ceramic (116710)...retail $9500
    b...Explorer 2 42mm (216570)....retail $8800
    c...Submariner black (116610)....retail $9500
    d...Submariner green (116610lv)...retail $10600

Above are all oversea sets, brand new and average price i consolidate from this website

(1)Why is the GMT 2 ceramic more expensive than the EXP 2 in retail? since both have similar functions.

(2) Why is the green sub more ex than the black sub since they are both usual productions?

(3) Why is the GMT 2 C about same price as the Sub C? since the GMT has got extra 2 time zone yet both have ceramic bezel?

Please help me so i can get myself a nice new Rolex to reward myself.. TQ TQ

Explorer 2 bezel cannot be rotated
    Green vs Black sub? i can only guess it is consumer driven
    GMT is not a diver watch like sub, which is more expensive due to the water resistance. Likewise when you compare Sub to DSSD

Comment

Hi,

It depend on you.

If you travel a lot, go for the GMT2 or explorer 2.

If u're intend to wear it for both business and casual with some travel, i would recommend the explorer 2.

If you don't travel and look the classic look, go for the submariner black.

My cents of comments. :-)

Comment

with my limited knowledge...

Generally the prices are diff cos of the perceived demand...

(1) cos the gmt2 has a rotating bezel which gives an additional timezone? not too sure whether the PCL adds to the cost as well

(2) the msrp of the green sub is already more than the black sub.. and though both are usual productions the green sub come in smaller numbers.. being green probably cost more to make.. lol

(3) the sub has a higher water resistance of 300m which may indicate tat it is more robust. It also has a more sophisticated and exp clasp.. add to that the icon status of the sub.. tats why it costs a little more than the gmt2c despite the additional function tat u have mentioned.

tats about it fr me.. hope its of any help

Originally posted by sg.watch View Post
        Need some helps from bros here

I 'm looking to buy a new sport model and have narrowed to these fews

Above are all oversea sets, brand new and average price i consolidate from this website

(1)Why is the GMT 2 ceramic more expensive than the EXP 2 in retail? since both have similar functions.

(2) Why is the green sub more ex than the black sub since they are both usual productions?

(3) Why is the GMT 2 C about same price as the Sub C? since the GMT has got extra 2 time zone yet both have ceramic bezel?

Please help me so i can get myself a nice new Rolex to reward myself.. TQ TQ

Comment

Wow since when explorer II price drop till so bad???

Comment

Hi,

Im not able to advise technically why the diff in the price, im contemplating to get either the Sub or GMTII too.

Can share which shop is selling at the price you list, would like to pay them a visit.

Thanks.

Comment

Yes. Which shops sells those models at that price you are posting? I am planning to go there to singapore next week and also planning to get a Brand new rolex 116610.

Comment

Thank you to all kind bros who contributed the info I much needed, really appreciate it.

For those who enquire the price I consolidated mostly are from this forum under rolex for sale. Quite a few sellers selling exp2 around 8.8k n today someone Posted a very cheap gmt2c new for 8.6k. More info n prices u can alw see some of the advertisers here like chuanwatch,
                Hj, watcharena, watchlink, visiotime, ace-time, jwwatch, passions, timepiece vip and many more freelance dealers, kchen, barryvip, stanleekee, elegant, littleast etc.

Just do a quick search you can easily find the price I found .

Have fun searching Guys. To surf n search and is always more interesting then the end results.

Comment

Sorry typo error, word is elshan not 'elegant''.

Comment

not sure what do you mean by 'retail' as the prices you indicated cant be local AD retail prices
                    are the prices in USD?
                    if you are referring to prices that gray dealers or non-AD shops quoted, then the term 'retail' is misleading

Originally posted by sg.watch View Post

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                      not sure what do you mean by 'retail' as the prices you indicated cant be local AD retail prices
                      are the prices in USD?
                      if you are referring to prices that gray dealers or non-AD shops quoted, then the term 'retail' is misleading
                      Bro sky.. thanks for your highlight.

My bad, the price i listed should be term as 'market price' by grey dealers/ parallel importers not retail price.
                      Actual retail price are higher than those listed here by grey dealers.
                      And yes is cheaper to buy here in this forum from parallel importers.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X