Is this GMT ad legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruzmidah View Post
    Anything that involves Western Union or any form of money transfer as part of the deal process has to be treated with extreme CAUTION...

=p

Bro care to share why is this so? I know it is not the norm like paypal but I am not very familiar with Western Union.

Comment

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
      yours sincerely,

from nigeria ???
      Bro how did you guess? He called and we spoke briefly he did sound kinda nigerian but I can't confirm for sure.

Comment

Just my 2 cents worth -

If I'm gonna spend $2-3k on a watch and I can't see, feel, shake, wind or even taste it.
        I'll just go spend my monies on a reputable resale watch shop, be it getting a B&R, Breitling, Omega or Sinn.
        Spend already also shiok! Atleast I don't have to worry whether is it fake or if there's any problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by tkc View Post
          Bro care to share why is this so? I know it is not the norm like paypal but I am not very familiar with Western Union.
          From my limited understanding.
          Paypal is safer because u have buyer protection. Ie, can make a claim within one month when buying. As long as u mark the payment sent as "for buying of goods" instead of as "a gift". Gift, cannot claim back.
          Western Union or Bank transfer: once u transfer the money over, no way to claim it back. ie no buyer protection.

Just my limited understanding from using Paypal. I have never used Western Union before but I have used bank transfer for buying of certain goods (with trusted companies).

That is why most Nigerian email scams (or those cheap Iphone scams) urges all their "victims" to send money via Western Union. All of them. =D

PS: Paypal claim process is a chore (from what I read, never had to do one before) so best is still to buy from trusted individual.
          A good test to see whether some merchants are legit is to offer Paypal as a payment method instead. One merchant ask me to pay via some obscure payment method (which sounds like a bank transfer) OR Western Union but when I countered that I can only pay via Paypal, correspondence from him/her stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by tkc View Post
            Bro how did you guess? He called and we spoke briefly he did sound kinda nigerian but I can't confirm for sure.
            Nigerians are famous for these type of "sales method". ie pay me money 1st then I ship over.
            Usually to milk the victim more, he/she will say that the shipment has some delay and will ask u to send more money over to settle the "delay".

Be very careful bro....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X