Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam/Sauna with GMT Master II

Hey guys,

I just got my first rolex - GMT Master II last month. I believe the watch should be able to withstand going into steam/sauna over long term. But can any bros here reaffirm this for me? Any personal experience over this matter? Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Mark

Hey Mark,

Rolex use 904L SS for their watches. So, should be able to handle the heat...
    Just curious, any reason why you need to the watch while in sauna? Stress testing?

Cheers!

Comment

Bro you really test the integrity of the watch, i personlly never test it before and I wish to know too.

Comment

Don't think it is advisable, as sudden temperature changes may allow water to get in.

Comment

Not really stress test. More of convenience, so no need to take in and out the watch.

Comment

no problem, unless your gmt 2 is old and unserviced. if it's new, i would definitely not worry about it. wear and enjoy. i wear my rolex every where to do everything.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

your watch is under guarantee by rolex good time to test the watch

Comment

you navy seals team 6 ???

Comment

my worry is the increased wear on the water resistant sealing.

also, if something goes wrong with the watch and u have to bring into RSC, they may not honor the warranty if they deem that the watch was used beyond the stated 100m water resistance.
                  Last edited by satch; 05-12-12, 08:23 PM.
                  elusive

Comment

Hi, personally i feel is not advisable to wear it to sauna, becoz heat/hot steam might go in. accident do happens ya... Just like is not advisable to wear it when you play golf.

Comment

Heat/steam in the long run may cause the seals to expand & therefore allowing moisture to seep into the watch. My 2 cents worth of comment is that it's not advisable to do it. Cheers!

Rolex owner since 2010
                      Previously owned:
                      Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                      GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                      Current collection:
                      Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                      GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                      Upcoming/Wishlist:
                      "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Originally posted by LSL View Post
                        He not that smart.... beside DevGru not do training in Suana.

Originally posted by Mark Lee View Post
                        Hey guys,

I just got my first rolex - GMT Master II last month. I believe the watch should be able to withstand going into steam/sauna over long term. But can any bros here reaffirm this for me? Any personal experience over this matter? Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Mark
                        Dont do it... e.g. hot water is not recommended as can damage seals - then it leaks.

I'll do anything to my watches.... except for hot shower with them.
                        ROLEX.

Comment

Originally posted by LSL View Post
                          Originally posted by Mark Lee View Post
                          Hey guys,

Thanks!

-Mark
                          Originally posted by Matty View Post
                          Heat/steam in the long run may cause the seals to expand & therefore allowing moisture to seep into the watch. My 2 cents worth of comment is that it's not advisable to do it. Cheers!
                          your two cents is more valuable bro like 9K worth... when his watch dies...
                          ROLEX.

Comment

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...82#msg_3843497

Been frozen and boiled. But this is the old school tool watch Rolex, dunno if the current bling Rolexes can withstand the same

Comment

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
                              http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...82#msg_3843497

Been frozen and boiled. But this is the old school tool watch Rolex, dunno if the current bling Rolexes can withstand the same
                              Wow.. great link. Thanks!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X