No announcement yet.

Rolex 44mm DSSD - Love it or Hate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a bit confused. When I bought the DSSD in 2010, V series, it was rated as 43mm. How come the latest catalogue change it to 44mm? Is it a newer (upgraded/facelifted) model? Is mine the same as the current series.

BTW, I love the DSSD. No other Rolex model come close to stealing the attention from me except perhaps the Yatchmaster.

I still remember the retail price when I bought the DSSD was $12260 with no discount and price had risen so much since then.
    In my possession
    Breitling Headwind, Tag Heuer Aqua Racer, Glycine Incursore, Rolex DSSD , Pam320L, Pam305N and Chopard GTXL Power Reserve

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
      You mean the huge price increase from 12k to 16k in just 3yr is due to 43mm become 44mm?
      I hope my command of English is not that terrible.

I mentioned that I am confused why it was rated 43mm in 2010 but increase to 44mm in current catalogue. Also asked if mine bought in 2010 is any different from the current sold at the retailer.

12260 was the rrp during my purchase. I did not mention the increase in price is due to the size increase, did I?
      In my possession
      Breitling Headwind, Tag Heuer Aqua Racer, Glycine Incursore, Rolex DSSD , Pam320L, Pam305N and Chopard GTXL Power Reserve

Comment

Originally posted by dtctan View Post
        Am thinking of getting 1 again
        Excellent watch... Please look for me if u wanna buy:

Comment

Dear Bros,

To Each His Own!

For me I loved DSSD. It is thick because it was built to dive for a specific depth (although not many people will actually dive with it). So how can the watch "tahan" the pressure if it is thin? There got to be some mechanical science to this thickness. I have a buddy that do not like how DSSD seat on the wrist because of the dome shape. But as mentioned due to the mechanical science for the thickness to withstand pressure, if the watch is not taper like a dome the watch will be even heavier. The dome shape which resulted in the poor seating on the wrist is due to to this thickness and weight ratio issue. Moreover, when you wear the DSSD most of the time, your hand are down and the watch is actually not resting on your wrist anyway. During office, the watch is remove and place on the table to prevent scratching the bracelet hence you minimize this uncomfortable seating issue in the wrist for me anyway.

The taper bracelet is probably due to reduce the weight of the watch. It is already heavy so to make the "strap" width thicker the watch will be even heavier. Hence, after understanding all this, perhaps many will hopefully appreciate why the watch is so thick and uncomfortable.

It is an acquire taste to appreciate DSSD, many will not appreciate it but for me the 44m dial and weight suit me just fine!

Cheers

Comment

ok you guys convinced me.

anyone wish to get rid of this ugly piece, please let me know

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
              saw a few G series selling in sgroc garage
              new ones : 11.6 - 12k
              preown : about 1k cheaper than new ones
              Thanks. I have been looking.
              Hoping to see a LNIB with no box no papers and $2K cheaper

Comment

Deep sea is nice and goood......

I love to own it and saving up for one soon....

Comment

Still thinking whether I should get one? Have a small wrist, but love big watches....

Comment

It is too huge for a dress watch. Does not look good as a casual watch either.

Probably most suited to be used by professional divers who are just too rich to use quartz diver watches.
                    It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
                    Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
                    Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
                    Jimmy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Imperio View Post
                      Deep sea is nice and goood......

I love to own it and saving up for one soon....
                      You will not regret getting one!

Comment

The watch is heavy, you really have to try it on to see whether you feel comfortable or it fits your hand size.
                        The size is in fact not too big, 44mm is same as normal Panerai, but its steel bracelet is more difficult to hold the watch in position unless you wear it very tight.
                        Another option is the new 116660 steel Yacht-Master II, same 44mm but lighter.

Comment

Deep Sea.....is really a killer......which is very classic....can wear for many good years......

Comment

Hard to get comments from others bah... Just like I prefer women who has "meat" but then again.... Too much "meat" I also dun like... Different ppl different taste bah...

Comment

I have had the Deepsea for over two yrs. Amongst my several other Rolex subs, it is the best value for money.
                              But I replaced the SS strap with a high quality rubber. It balances extremely well now and feels very good.
                              It is a big watch but than some others are just as big. A lot owners do find the original clasp to be too small and I agree.
                              If you are looking for a very high performance diving sports watch,
                              the DeepSea is amongst the best value for money and actual all out performance.

Comment

Will move to relevant section. Tx for suggesting.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X