Vintage dealer Steve Mulholland arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage dealer Steve Mulholland arrested

.... for those of you who buy your vintages from the US, Steve was a big time online dealer for some years.
    Last year he got in trouble and started scamming people.

Despite the warrants and subsequent arrest, I hear he is still online and scamming people... be careful, you have been warned.

http://www.localblotter.com/news/flo...s/9861507.html

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/S...land_15736728/

.... I got taken for maybe S$400-500 last year ... but others were taken for thousands!

Sigh, how did it come to this???
    Lucky my deal with him went well.

Ender
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Oh my dangerous to deal overseas

Comment

Yup, always dangerous to deal with overseas sellers. The police often have no time to pursue 'smaller' scams.

I was cheated by a Filipino seller who may be operating in the region or the US......be careful guys!

Comment

steve's stellar rep took a beating more than a year ago - he made a small come back but i guess life didn't work out the way he wanted. i feel quite bad for him as things must have really taken a bad turn for him to be in the mess he's in right now.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

What a surprise that this happened.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Totally shocked to see this, he always shows nice watches and had a good rep in the past.

Comment

that's why I bought from him - even before his last bout of troubles.

He was all responsive up till the money was wired... then he went quiet. I had to get someone, who knew someone, who knew him to chase him to send me the watch.

He sent the watch in a padded envelope. He sent another box in another envelope... with missing items.

Then he made promises.

And when these troubles came up ... so did a long queue of other people who've had trouble with him before but didn't say anything earlier. And it all came to light...

So, his good rep all along was an illusion made up by his "fans". There were apparantly a lot of unhappy buyers as well who had been keeping quiet.

If you got a good deal... you were lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                  Sigh, how did it come to this???
                  Lucky my deal with him went well.

Ender
                  Ya man, Ender, you were very lucky to have dealt with him without much of a hitch. Probably back then, he was still doing fine. Dealing with overseas dealers really depend on your luck at times.

Anyone has any bad experience to share? care to share too on what to look out for?

let's take care of each other's back. Maybe we should have a thread to constantly update on scam dealers around the world! or even dealers who are showing signs of "getting" into trouble.

Comment

i've had problems with a "marc" from germany (email address ends with .de also). not convenient to talk about it in public as i can't seem to contact him to resolve my issueS, but i cannot recommend him although he came strongly recommended to me by active members of VRM.
                    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                      i've had problems with a "marc" from germany (email address ends with .de also). not convenient to talk about it in public as i can't seem to contact him to resolve my issueS, but i cannot recommend him although he came strongly recommended to me by active members of VRM.
                      Sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience.

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
                        Ya man, Ender, you were very lucky to have dealt with him without much of a hitch. Probably back then, he was still doing fine. Dealing with overseas dealers really depend on your luck at times.
                        Anyone has any bad experience to share? care to share too on what to look out for?
                        let's take care of each other's back. Maybe we should have a thread to constantly update on scam dealers around the world! or even dealers who are showing signs of "getting" into trouble.
                        With the benefit of hindsight, I think my deal with him completed right just before he got overwhelmed with problems and turned. Cannot help but feel sorry for him.
                        I had a bad experience with a 'repairer' though his reputation was probably close to impeccable from the various forums; my local dealer who saw the 'before' and the 'after' of his job actually went so far as to declare that nothing was done at all. Lesson learnt - I will never use or recommend this chap ever.
                        Last edited by Ender; 14-03-14, 08:00 AM. Reason: Pew Pew Pew!
                        "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                        three times is enemy action and
                        over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                        ."

Comment

I had one small deal with him, and he came across as a hustler with a lot of pressure, unfortunately he had my watch band in his possession so I did the smart thing and gave in.

Comment

no issue with SM on a deal, lucky me. But a deal with a VRM dealer of Russian descent "K" was not pleasant bad client service and i never deal with him ever regardless how much i like their watches.

generally the european dealers are quite Bochap, hardly replies emails and if they do, replies are very short and vague. and they hate bargaining!
                            Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                            Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                            GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                            GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                            DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                            DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                            , 18238 malachite
                            DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                            AP 15300 Black
                            Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                            GP 18k RG
                            IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                            Chronoswiss Skeleton
                            Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...