Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NATO straps on vintage watches

Hello everyone,
    I'm very new to this, but have enjoyed very much enjoyed reading through what the SRC pages have to offer. I thought I would share with you my 1680 on one of my many NATO straps. I've seen a few people wearing vintage in Singapore, but never on a NATO strap. Am I alone in my love of this combination ?

Here's one. Nice Sub btw.

Comment

Thanks
      Very nice. Really like the way the strap and patina work together.

Comment

Hi,

whenever I can, I always use NATO straps on my vintage watches to help preserve the matching metal bracelets. A replacement for the latter is hard and very costly these days. There are plenty of NATO straps to choose from and gives your watch a different look with each kind be it leather, nylon or canvas. Enjoy! You may even want to check out the Bund straps.

Comment

Hi Alex,

Great looking Seamaster 300! Enjoy.

Originally posted by Alexlow View Post
          Here's one. Nice Sub btw.

Comment

here's mine on a french nato.

Comment

Nice combination.
              My wife is french I think if i got a strap in these colours she would be very happy. haha

Comment

WoW!
                The patinas do really go very well with Nato strapes!

Comment

Wow that is a very nice SM300. Been trying to find one of those for the longest time. I feel you shouldn't be wearing a NATO strap for a sake of preserving the bracelet. That's like buying an amazing pair of loafers but only wearing them indoors. I feel NATO straps are quite suitable for Singapore weather as it can take humidity and sweat well.

Comment

Nice nato on watch does anyone knows rolex sub use what mm of nato? Tks

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                      Nice nato on watch does anyone knows rolex sub use what mm of nato? Tks
                      I use 20mm on my Sub, and it fits perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan in singapore View Post
                        I use 20mm on my Sub, and it fits perfectly.
                        Great, tks a lot

Comment

WHERE IS THE LIKE BUTTON?!!

Comment

Leather and Nato straps are essential...

Hi all,

IMO, leather and Nato straps are not only good-looking, it is essential if you want to preserve your vintage Rolex in good condition. Rolex serial numbers and other engraved markings are located on the 12 and 6 O'clock position of the mid-case. The engravings are often scratched or corroded away due to the thin metal end-links in direct contact with these areas. Along the years, the end links often become worn and loose making it an abrasive contact. Dirt and other organic materials trapped in the end links also causes corrosion and pitting on these surfaces. This problem is greatly reduced or eliminated with the introduction of solid end-links as found in current manufactured watches.

The vintage metal bracelets like the 7205,7206,7835,7836,78360 etc are out of production and very expensive to replace if over-stretched or damaged. Why not keep it for a special occasion to wear but meanwhle you can slip on a nato or attach a leather strap and your watch can be enjoyed on the wrist daily without it ever being designated a safe-queen.

I like Nato straps because of its versatility. Nato straps are made of nylon, leather or even canvas. It is affordable and the plenty to choose from. What makes it truly ideal is that you can swap nato straps easily without having to remove the spring bars. Make a fashion statement with your favorite vintage Rolex everyday if you want and when you want.

Comment

Originally posted by hurhur0088 View Post
                              here's mine on a french nato.

woww. so cool

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X