No announcement yet.

GMT prices overshot ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry, my bad. I thought for a GMTII to depreciate so much over 3mths is a bit to be honest, I would rather keep it.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

IMO, the 16710s will maintain their prices in the current 6k plus range, because of the prices of the 116710. Similarly, the prices of SDs will be in the high 7s to 8k (possibly even higher) due the the price of the incoming DSSD.

Now the 116710s are appearing in ADs in other countries and are selling at retail. Some of the retail prices are lower than S'pore, for e.g. in Japan the 116710 can be had for S$9,200.

Comment

wow....... S$9.2k is quite ok. considering my AD asking list price, which is overpriced even with my strong AU$
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
          IMO, the 16710s will maintain their prices in the current 6k plus range, because of the prices of the 116710. Similarly, the prices of SDs will be in the high 7s to 8k (possibly even higher) due the the price of the incoming DSSD.

Now the 116710s are appearing in ADs in other countries and are selling at retail. Some of the retail prices are lower than S'pore, for e.g. in Japan the 116710 can be had for S$9,200.
          Which part of Japan? Which Shop? My friend is going next week, I can ask him to buy for me.
          People & Life Are Like Push-Up Bra. They Often Parade Themselves With A False Sense Of Being & Confidence. The Underlying Truth Are Often Much Less Tantalizing. - Benjamin L

Comment

gmt-IIc can be bought at SGD9k in US(after conversion). My elder bro just bought one. but it's also partly due to weak US currency.
            Remnants of my irresponsibility:
            "Foreign affections"
            1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
            2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
            3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
            4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
            What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
              gmt-IIc can be bought at SGD9k in US(after conversion). My elder bro just bought one. but it's also partly due to weak US currency.
              Bro,CONGRATES man!Got pics to show bo?

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                It's his elder bro's 1

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

some people kanchiong never read . nevermind I also liddat one
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

i was offered a 1675 at 5.3k 9 months ago, no box and papers of course. the clasp was bit over polished, but the dial and the bezel was beautiful.
                    i declined now squeeze balls! hahahha

Comment

piang........1675 for 5.3k good buy now where to find such good piece?
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Good Pricing of Vintage pieces depends on

a) Watch must have original dial and hands - i.e. tritium

b) Watch dial and hands must match

c) Case has to be original, not recased - ie 4 million series type.

Otherwise, those prices you mentioned will not happen. Vintage collectors are very very picky about a) b) c), as far as I know. Of course, those who do not know much about valuation may not be as fussy.
                        Last edited by Reborn; 23-07-08, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                          he's currently based in san francisco and will only be back sometime in sept. til then, i won't take pics, i'll take his watch and own for a day or two.

anyway, he still prefers iwc. one man's drink,another man's urine. to each his own.
                          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

Hi to all,

Very new to this forum and would like to share my view.

I have seen the green sub price shot up to SGD13k and down to current. Most were caught unaware of this pricing and therefore loss $$$.

Would this time round happen to the GMTs?

GMT were the fav to Indonesian many years ago because of the different time zone within Indon. They were also the target for robbers because it was easy to identify a GMT.

my 2 cents...
                            Red sub 1680 / sub 1680 / sub 16610 / Explorer II black & white /

Comment

I am asking a friend who is departing to the States tomorrow to source for the following at these prices...

GMT cII - 116710LN @ S$9,000
                              GMT cII TT - 116713 @ S$12,000
                              GMT 16710 pepsi / coke @ S$8,000

If he manage to find one at these prices, he will let me know.. as he will be there for 2 wks, he will have time to shop around..

Are these prices reasonable price to get from US?
                              Well, any reputable bros here wana tompang, I can maybe get an extra piece or two...
                              Last edited by jazz_samz; 12-09-08, 11:59 PM.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                              - GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
                                Bro, sorry asking something so long ago.
                                Will SD price will be higher than GMT Master (not GMT Master 2)?
                                Buy old and swee swee GMT Master or a new and cheaper SD?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X