Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much to service a vintage 1603 at Rolex Service Centre?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much to service a vintage 1603 at Rolex Service Centre?

Any ideas how much they charge? and how long it takes. I'm in singapore for only a week or two.

Also, I want to keep the watch as original as possible. ie. I don't want any parts replace unless absolutely necessary. Maybe a polish on the acrylic crystal and a steam clean (no polish on the case or bracelet)

If some parts do need changing will RSC keep the replaced parts?

Any advice/suggestions appreciated

As mentioned in the under-mentioned post,

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=57482

... how much the cost of repair/service it'll be and how long will depend on various factors. You may indicate to the service technician/repairman during the process what you want but for any change of part(s), the Rsc will keep the old part and not return to you.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I think 1 or 2 weeks for now is not possible....i suppose 3 weeks waiting period is the norm at RSC here.....As for the pricing, pls head down RSC for a accurate quotation as prices varies quite a fair bit depending what kind of servicing and parts need to be replaced...
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i was really hoping to get the movement fully serviced, i have just 2 weeks and want to take the watch back with me if possible. can anyone suggest the best independent watch expert who is Rolex trained? any recommendations please?

Comment

I remember reading someone here who's posted his recent watch service carried out by Top Hour, a watch shop at Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road. The review was quite good.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

The suggested time frame seem atad hard to make it....2 weeks....as far as i can remember it takes far longer than that for servicing at Tophour...

No harm popping by Mr Lim place to ask though...

Comment

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=57482

I think you two can arrange to go together ..
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hehehe...good to have companion to go together...not so sian mah..can talk more about watches too...

Comment

thanks guys. Does Mr Lim have an email or website, or phone number?

Comment

Originally posted by hunz View Post
                    Any ideas how much they charge? and how long it takes. I'm in singapore for only a week or two.

Also, I want to keep the watch as original as possible. ie. I don't want any parts replace unless absolutely necessary. Maybe a polish on the acrylic crystal and a steam clean (no polish on the case or bracelet)

If some parts do need changing will RSC keep the replaced parts?

Any advice/suggestions appreciated
                    RSC Singapore cannot promise to complete a service within 2 weeks.

they will do their best to persuade you to polish the watch. you have to insist they only CLEAN it. they will agree to do so RELUCTANTLY.

i serviced a 16030 late last year at top hour. it has been worn by my sister for many years and was in a miserable condition way before something inside broke.

although Mr Lim offered to fix it on the spot, i told him to give it a full service. he did not tell me how much it will cost.

it took quite a long time before i finally got the watch back - i don't want to speculate on the reasons, but as i wanted the watch back on my sister's wrist before christmas, i told him my desires and he personally delivered it to me a few days before x'mas and gave me a free black leather strap due to the delay.

i appreciated the gesture. but the watch...

he did a fantastic job on the watch, given the original condition of it. my sister was very very pleased with her x'mas "gift"...

the hands and dial were replaced with NOS ones, and the watch was polished and refinished to showroom condition, and movement was very carefully regulated (my specification) after its overhaul. it runs +1s/2weeks.

i paid about $300 (or $350? i can't remember). the only downside was the caseback was a bit overdone - it was replaced with by RSC a year ago and did not require any polishing but it was polished anyway.

i would go to him again, but i would probably tell him to not polish my own watches and leave my dial/hands alone... : )

before going to top hour, i went to a nearby shop to service one of ny rolex watch. i paid about the same price, but i did not feel as satisfied with them as i did with Mr Lim. i had to go back to the shop twice to fix problems...
                    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X