Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help to identify this model

Hi,
    my father gave me the following watch last year. it is about 40 years old and has not been serviced for the last 10+ years. it is running fine though, and keeping good time.
    May i know what model is this and roughly how much it is worth now? also, the condition is not very good so i am thinking of sending it to RSC for a service of the movement. Is it safe? i am worried the original parts might be swapped out for counterfeit ones.

please help to identify this model

Hi,
    my father gave me the following watch last year. it is about 40 years old and has not been serviced for the last 10+ years. it is running fine though, and keeping good time.
    May i know what model is this and roughly how much it is worth now? also, the condition is not very good so i am thinking of sending it to RSC for a service of the movement. Is it safe? i am worried the original parts might be swapped out for counterfeit ones.

Comment

Originally posted by philipho827 View Post
      Hi,

That's a WHITE GOLD Daydate 1803-9 ...based on your description. Est value, 10k

If you are worried that RSC swap your parts, I can't find anywhere else safer that RSC! Haha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        That's a WHITE GOLD Daydate 1803-9 ...based on your description. Est value, 10k

If you are worried that RSC swap your parts, I can't find anywhere else safer that RSC! Haha
        hi Darkangel, thanks for the info
        does anyone also recommend changing the plastic dome for a new one? there are currently stress marks and might be affecting the waterproofing of the watch.

Comment

Originally posted by philipho827 View Post
          Hi,
          if you don't intend to wear it much, there's no need to service it yet. servicing costs at RSC is expensive but the safest place to go to ensure all parts are legitimate and properly installed.

also, there is something not right about the attached bracelet, especially the end links. i'll let the experts decide...
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
            if you don't intend to wear it much, there's no need to service it yet. servicing costs at RSC is expensive but the safest place to go to ensure all parts are legitimate and properly installed.

also, there is something not right about the attached bracelet, especially the end links. i'll let the experts decide...
            the bracelet is not original rolex bracelet. this watch originally came with a leather strap (no metal bracelet) which was subsequently replaced by my father.
            i am thinking of replacing with a leather strap as the bracelet is rather loose.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X