Slowing collectors' market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowing collectors' market?

Does anyone get the sense that the collector's market for vintage has slowed a little (and continues to slow) ?

A collector I know commented that the US market seems to have slowed... lots of vintage GMT & sub pieces coming out that were very scarce a few months ago.

I kinda sensed it but first time someone articulated it.

hi

highly unlikely, rolex vintage sport pieces especially will never die. just keep it and wait for prices to raise again if u all does not need cash urgently, if not too bad haha

Comment

Yes you right... Rolex vintage sport pieces are like raw meat, We are like the crocs in the river... Once you throw the "meat" into the river, all the crocs will fight for it....

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
      highly unlikely, rolex vintage sport pieces especially will never die. just keep it and wait for prices to raise again if u all does not need cash urgently, if not too bad haha

Comment

Time to buy

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

well..i do believe that partly is related to the stock market...

market oso quiet..volume so little.. sell down til so jiat lat...traders just left pocket to right pocket....
          although index just jump 120pts but counters still bleeding badly... still same...
          STI is no longer indicative..
          people should just relax and not listen entirely to FMs/analyst....good times they say good thing..bad times say bad thing...

does it make sense to .... trust a buy/sell call from xxx..when they themselves make wrong judgment in investing....

counters with solid foundations can endure the trying period...same like watches with solid foundations...

i tink 1987 and 1997 are good yr to buy watches?
          maybe 2008 oso good year...hahahhaha

Comment

These are some of the effects of the slowing US economy. Things will rev up again over there once the economy picks up.

Comment

Another good reason to buy a watch because you like it, not because it may be a good investment or to try to "flip" it for a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by BasT View Post
                Another good reason to buy a watch because you like it, not because it may be a good investment or to try to "flip" it for a profit.
                Well said, well said...

Comment

Somehow...this year I will try to squeeze enough money to buy my Rolex! Shall see how my financial report at the end of the year first...hahaha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Its true on th US side.Even rare pieces like the 5508s and even MIL SUBs and COMEXs are popping up.

Quite a few 5513, 1680 and RED subs can be seen in S'pore shops.......but the asking prices are RIDICULOUS.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X