Vintage Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Nice collectibles. Would you mind to share privately where and how I may get them for free?

Tx
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• You can get them when you attend the Rolex functions

Comment

• Oh ok great. Tx
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• You are welcome! That being said, there are some who will list such collectables for sales on ebay where you old find them..

Comment

• Gruen jump hour doctor's watch

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by maxbliss888 View Post
                  Thanks!

The problem with collection is that once you have the idea to collect one set; one set will become one group, one group will become one section, one section will become one collection and on....

I used to have Omega seamaster, speedmaster etc collection. Some of my friend have wanted me to sell them one or two and when the collection get broken down, very soon, i have sold all my Omega collections..

Maybe I should set up a small vintage watch shop when I retires...
                  Yes you should! We will patronise your shop. Please open it in Singapore

Comment

• I second it.
                    Private collections to be awed and appreciated by many.

Comment

• Comment

• Infornation on Gruen Jump Hour from the internet:

The peak of Swiss, rectangular, watch making, culminated in the production of the Rolex " Prince", and the Gruen "Doctor's Watch", because they were made in the same factory in Switzerland through a cooperative venture between Gruen and Rolex. This "Gruen Doctor's" watch is executed in stainless steel and 14k rose gold, which makes for a stunning piece of wrist art! It is a revolutionary timepiece that became the most accurate watch of its day. I happened to have known Bob Gruen, the heir to the Gruen legacy, and he related the story of the linking of these two giants of the watch world to me many years ago (alas he is gone now). The Gruen children played with the children from the Wilsdorf family (Rolex's founding family). In Switzerland, as they interacted with each other, the friendship of the families grew into a business relationship. In a cooperative venture they had the movements produced that would be sold under both the Rolex name and the Gruen monicker with slightly different case configurations. Rolex and Gruen designers discovered that if they put the balance wheel and the mainspring barrel at opposite ends of the watch that they could use a larger mainspring and a larger balance wheel.

It was impossible to do this in a round case where the parts are in closer proximity. It also allowed the watch to run for a longer period of time on one winding and it provided for a balance wheel that had more momentum. This momentum was aided by the use of solid gold balance screws, another innovative idea that added value and quality. All of these innovations made this watch the most accurate watch of its age. Today the Gruen Doctor's watch is the rarer of the two watches because there were fewer Gruens produced, and those that have survived have been either used as parts for ailing Rolex "Princes", or converted with the proper Rolex dial. In either instance the Gruen has become exceedingly rare.

As the minute hand reaches 60 minutes the next hour "Jumps" into the window, thereby needing only a single hand to indicate the minutes and one hand for the seconds so that the Doctor can easily time a pulse. A clever feature is that the hour numerals alternate between red and black, so that it is apparent when the hour has changed.

Comment

Gruen jump hour doctor's watch

Very very nice!! Here's my cheapo Gruen GF 14k RG Curvex.

Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                          Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                          GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                          GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                          DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                          DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                          , 18238 malachite
                          DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                          AP 15300 Black
                          Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                          GP 18k RG
                          IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                          Chronoswiss Skeleton
                          Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

• Originally posted by minimerc View Post
                            Very very nice!! Here's my cheapo Gruen GF 14k RG Curvex.

Very nice condition!

Comment

• China watches anyone? Haha : )

Last edited by maxbliss888; 29-06-13, 06:22 PM.

Comment

China watches anyone? Haha : )
                                For all you know man, one fine day, they may be respected as a watch maker but overtaking Swiss is impossible!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X