Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy 2 Rolex DateJustWhiteGold and change the whitegold bezel to diamonds VS buy16233?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy 2 Rolex DateJustWhiteGold and change the whitegold bezel to diamonds VS buy16233?

Hi everyone,

Would anyone advise me please whether to buy 2 Rolex DateJust WhiteGold and change the whitegold bezel to diamonds VS buy 1 halfgold 16233?

Please comment for and against, thanks! Is setting aside $6K for 2 Rolex DateJust WhiteGold plus diamonds bezel reasonable?

Cheers n thanks!
    My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
    Rolex DateJust 16233,
    Rolex Submariner 16613LN
    Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
    Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
    Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
    Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
    Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
    Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

I have the above in my personal collection.

2X 16234 datejust with non-diamond dial and diamond bezel. You need at least $10k.

If $6k, 1X 16234 with diamond dial and White Gold diamond bezel.

Just my 5cents worth.

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR HUNT!
    :bounce: [FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"]The importance of Fine Timepieces that keeps track of my time[/SIZE][/FONT] :bounce:

[U][B]Personal Favourties[/B][/U]:-
    [B][COLOR="green"]DateJust
    Day-Date
    OysterDate
    Submariner
    GMT Master
    Explorer I / II[/COLOR][/B]

Please visit: [url]www.dongfangrichard.com[/url] for more information!

Comment

Thanks Richard for your sharing!

May i check with you if Rolex model 16234, is just the same as model 1601 with whitegold bezel, am i right? Wat's the diff actually between a 16234 vs a normal whitegold bezel 1601? Is the diff in the internal rotor engine?

So if i buy 2 whitegold model 1601, n changed the whitegold bezel to diamond, it becomes model 16234, is tat right? Rather confused now?

May i know what's the cost of a whitegold bezel? Will AD, preowned allow trade in or offset for a diamond bezel?

Thanks once again for sharing!
      My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
      Rolex DateJust 16233,
      Rolex Submariner 16613LN

Wishlist:
      Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,

Comment

Bro, you are getting too confused over Datejusts models.

Understanding that you are on a VERY TIGHT budget purchasing Datejust models, let me give you some quick and easy insights of a Rolex Datejust.

1. You need to determine which type you like. Datejust have just 2 types which you are looking for. SS or two tone. Forget about what movement or what bezel it is fitted on as it will confuse you further. Anyway, you will be putting in diamond bezel. Movement will further confuse you with tight budget.

Rolex on Stainless Steel Jubilee Bracelet

Rolex on Two Tone Yellow Gold Jubilee Bracelet

2. Model numbers are just model numbers which determines the age, the configuration of the watch (bezel type, etc) Price will make a difference in the model numbers. No matter what you cannot change them. 1601, 16013, 16014, 16233, 16234, etc. They are engraved on the case and you cannot change the fact. The watch is similar type but they are just made in different times/era.

3. On my short note, just select if you would like Two Tone or Stainless Steel. You will be putting on a diamond bezel, so why are you bothered so much about the bezel. My SS datejust is acutally a 16030, now it looks a a 16234. Only experts will know. =X Can you see from your naked eye?

My proud Rolex Collection To date

If you need recommendation on where or how to get them, please feel free to drop me a PM.

~Richard
        :bounce: [FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"]The importance of Fine Timepieces that keeps track of my time[/SIZE][/FONT] :bounce:

Day-Date
        OysterDate
        Submariner
        GMT Master

Comment

.. what a collection there
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the highly informative sharing!

And you have a very beautiful collection! Currently I only have a 1601 whitegold with black dial and gold hands, and a 1601 halfgold with gold dial. Looking forwards to accumulating a collection...

While surfing through this website, hit upon the idea to accumulate more 1601, then replace or mix n match the bezel...Thanks!

May i know if its easy to replace the bezel ourselves? And do u know where to buy a set of nice watch repair tools? Saw it at china sq watch store n online...

Thanks once again for your sharing...
            My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
            Rolex DateJust 16233,
            Rolex Submariner 16613LN

Wishlist:
            Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,

Comment

Originally posted by Kohky26 View Post
              Wow! Thanks for the highly informative sharing!

And you have a very beautiful collection! Currently I only have a 1601 whitegold with black dial and gold hands, and a 1601 halfgold with gold dial. Looking forwards to accumulating a collection...

While surfing through this website, hit upon the idea to accumulate more 1601, then replace or mix n match the bezel...Thanks!

May i know if its easy to replace the bezel ourselves? And do u know where to buy a set of nice watch repair tools? Saw it at china sq watch store n online...

Thanks once again for your sharing...
              I usually don't recommend my friends to swap bezels and dials themselves. If you are not sure about how to do it, i suggest you to get an experienced person to do it. we might unknowingly hurt the watch or something like that.

Your idea for owning plenty 1601s is excellent. can wear many different motifs without changing them. Have a variety is the best!

I am working hard on my collection to create different dress variety.

Enjoy!

Day-Date
              OysterDate
              Submariner
              GMT Master

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X