Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1680 and 5513 on T-39 superdomes

Hi guys,

Have some free time this weekend and thought I take some photos of my 1680 and 5513 with T-39 superdomes. The right crystal to use is T-19 on a 5513. However, I like the taller profile of a T-39.

The curvature of T-19 and T-39 are the same and can diffuse light better to give the "frosted effect" on your crystals. I am lucky to get these superdomes since they are not easy to get now.. Still have some spares for new pieces

Enjoy the pics.. Any bros with any pics to share, please feel free to share..

1680 with T-39 Superdome...looks like a great white

Side profile

"Frosted Effect"

More pics of my 5513 Maxi Dial with T-39 Superdome

Tall profile with "frosted effect"

Comment

Very nice vintages! Thks for showing the diff superdomes can make!
      His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Nice. I was just thinking of fitting my extra T-39 on my Red Sub. Maybe should just do it for fun when I have time.

Comment

plexi crystals will deform every time they are removed and re-mounted (this is the nature of the crystal and oyster case construction), this is why RSC usually uses a fresh piece (newer style service crystals) during each service to ensure water resistance.

i recommend caution (with the crystal and when near water) if you intend to install/remove old fragile tropics regularly. especially because the outer diameter of the t19 and t39 are different, it will cause some stress.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
            plexi crystals will deform every time they are removed and re-mounted (this is the nature of the crystal and oyster case construction), this is why RSC usually uses a fresh piece (newer style service crystals) during each service to ensure water resistance.

i recommend caution (with the crystal and when near water) if you intend to install/remove old fragile tropics regularly. especially because the outer diameter of the t19 and t39 are different, it will cause some stress.
            This is very true. That's why it is very difficult to find NOS T-19 superdomes. Those dis-mounted from the 5513/2 end up not being water-resistence when re-mounted.

That's why thinking so long to do or not do. To do, then must have a NOS to replace. Thus, I am thinking of replacing the T-127 rather than the T-19 on 5513.

Comment

Bro Kuchingku, I have spare NOS superdome T19 and T39 if you need.

Comment

Originally posted by xela View Post
                Bro Kuchingku, I have spare NOS superdome T19 and T39 if you need.
                Thanks pal but I have few of these myself. I might be interested if you want to trade T19 for T116 or T127. I have extras of these.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                  Thanks pal but I have few of these myself. I might be interested if you want to trade T19 for T116 or T127. I have extras of these.
                  Sure bro. If I need any, I know who is the person to look for. Go install the super dome 19 and post here..

I will go install superdome T19 and show the pics for all to see

Comment

Originally posted by xela View Post
                    Sure bro. If I need any, I know who is the person to look for. Go install the super dome 19 and post here..

I will go install superdome T19 and show the pics for all to see
                    My 5513 is on it's original superdome and 5512 on its high. Was only toying to fit t39 on reddie.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                      ...That's why it is very difficult to find NOS T-19 superdomes...

...That's why thinking so long to do or not do. To do, then must have a NOS to replace...
                      NOS crystals may already have imperfections because plexi/acrylic may have minute crazing or become brittle due to age and storage conditions... so unless you know the source of the crystal and it has been kept properly, again you run the risk of water ingress...

good luck!
                      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X