Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage GMT 1675 "Eye of the Tiger" Dial

Hi all!

First off, I'm new to the forum, new to Rolex and a total newbie. Would like to ask for opinions of this GMT model 1675 with matt brown dial and 2 tone Jubilee bracelet

http://www.gmtmasterhistory.com/gmt-..._ref_1675.html
    http://www.gmtmasterhistory.com/images/1675-3r.jpg

Did some research already and I believe that this is a "Eye of the Tiger" or "Tigerauge" GMT.

Would like to hear opinions on:
    how rare/popular this watch is
    how much am I expected to pay for it
    any particular reasons why I shouldn't get the watch

Really enjoy just reading the post here on the forum. Such of wealth of information here! Hopefully can get my first Rolex soon!

Cheers!

Vintage GMT 1675 "Eye of the Tiger" Dial

Hi all!

First off, I'm new to the forum, new to Rolex and a total newbie. Would like to ask for opinions of this GMT model 1675 with matt brown dial and 2 tone Jubilee bracelet

http://www.gmtmasterhistory.com/gmt-..._ref_1675.html
    http://www.gmtmasterhistory.com/images/1675-3r.jpg

Did some research already and I believe that this is a "Eye of the Tiger" or "Tigerauge" GMT.

Would like to hear opinions on:
    how rare/popular this watch is
    how much am I expected to pay for it
    any particular reasons why I shouldn't get the watch

Really enjoy just reading the post here on the forum. Such of wealth of information here! Hopefully can get my first Rolex soon!

Cheers!

Comment

Yup nice Vintage Rolex 1675 Root-beer nipple dial. It go very well with half gold oyster bracelet.

Comment

Heh, me too! think the color combination is quite special for a Rolex. Only thing is I'm quite a fan of chunky watches, fear that this watch will sit too small on my wrist.

Got a potential lobang but need for stars to align before I can seek CFO for clearance to allocate funds for the buy heh

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
          Yes its quite slim and almost more elegant looking than sporty.
          Damn, i am getting poisoned to buy one now.....
          yes. i like the uniqueness of the rootbeer. but due to the "elegant" i think twice and nv buy. too slim already... dont suit my chu lu wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhi_Peng View Post
            yes. i like the uniqueness of the rootbeer. but due to the "elegant" i think twice and nv buy. too slim already... dont suit my chu lu wrist.
            Haha me too...

Tried on a new TT GMT2C at an AD today. Like the size but even that is like a bit on the small size... let alone the rootbeer... must go take a look at it again... really like it but really worry that I will find it too "elegant" over time and regret...

Must find some "me" time and sneak off to find one and let it sit on my wrist again to take a look... heh

Comment

I have one, it from the late 1960's and If I can get posts up to 10 I can post a picture! I wear it on a brown leather strap the only negative on the watch is it doesnt have a quick set date so depending on the day of the month there may be a lot of winding required to get it to the correct date.

Comment

had one rootbear before and sold it. regret

Comment

Finally committed a GMT but not a nipple dial, root beer. Found a TT 16713 with black bezel and dial.

Now I'm thinking if I should source for a replace the dial and bezel to "transform" it into a rootbeer!

Any advice on whether I should go ahead and "operate" on my watch, pricing advise and such would be much appreciated!

Comment

very nice... enjoy

Comment

nice one. ^^

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X