Rolex GMT vintage watch, ref 1675

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex GMT vintage watch, ref 1675

Anyone in singapore still own one of this watch ? i am currently finding one ! too nice . the other brands , hardly can find this look alike =(

somebody selling one in the Watch trading section:
    http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=9802

Comment

I think Monster-Time had one for about $8k +/- ... you may want to drop them a note.

Comment

You can try JW Horological Gallery (1 Pickering Street, Great Eastern Centre).

http://www.jwwatch.com/showpro_detai...id=197&cat=197

This is a 1971 model. I was very impressed by this 37-year-old watch!!

I was looking for a 1970 model or else I would have grabbed this one!

Comment

hmm.. the watch from JW...

just my humble observations...

1. the datewheel is off-centre... (but cld be the the position of the watch in the picture)

(i think i can see part of the next number but funny thing is that it looks like part of a number 'l' when it the next number shld be 20)

2. i'm not sure abt this... but shldnt a GMT1675 have the open '6' and '9'? both my 1675 has the open loop for numbers '6' and '9' but maybe the datewheel has been changed.

3. the dial and hands do not have matching patina... (dial or hands not changed at the same time... minor thing for some ppl)

4. rolex font on the dial seems wrong to me... like refinished... (but then cld be quality of the picture....)
          Rolex GMT Master 1675 16750 16760 16700
          Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
          Submariner 16610LV 16613
          Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

I think your observations based on picture only. I suppose it made sense to check with JW and have a actual feel of the watch. For me, I would be amazed if the timepiece was running on original parts after 37 years with just changing of oil.

Comment

Originally posted by wind128 View Post
              I think your observations based on picture only. I suppose it made sense to check with JW and have a actual feel of the watch. For me, I would be amazed if the timepiece was running on original parts after 37 years with just changing of oil.
              bro u are absolutely right! just humble observations based on the one picture of the watch... thot i mentioned that in my post...

just observations... not condemning the watch...

just observations... based on my measly collection of GMTs...

You can try JW Horological Gallery (1 Pickering Street, Great Eastern Centre).
              1 Pickering Street
              #01-02 Great Eastern Centre
              (Near China Square)
              Singapore 048659
              Tel: (65) 65386055
              Fax: (65) 65380980

Opening Hour
              12:30pm - 7:00pm (Tuesday to Friday)
              12:30pm- 3:00pm (Saturday)
              Closed on Sunday & Public Holiday

more details on JW... to make a sales pitch even better.... is the watch on consignment?

the ad says condition : 1970's. but you said the watch is a 1971 model?

just another observation.... my bad...
              Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
              Submariner 16610LV 16613
              Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

Bro -

1) Firstly, I don't know much about your collection of GMTs but regardless of whether you have zero or twenty, it's your choice to contribute your observations, regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

2) Secondly, I brought my watch for servicing at JW and saw the 1675 on display. I asked JW to let me have a feel of it and he obliged. As far as my untrained eye can see, the watch was in good condition and I was really impressed. I also enquired about the watch as I wanted to learn more about it. Usually, when it's mentioned "1970s" it means anything between 1970 - 1979. JW informed me it was 1971. If you would like to know more, please kindly check with JW.

3) Someone was asking for directions, I merely pointed out an option and my opinion after actually handling the watch. If you want to based your "observations" only from the picture, so be it. However, I thought it is reasonable for the interested party to take a look at the right thing, especially after reading your observations and can clarify with JW. My experience with all the watch shops indicated that there is no obligation to buy after viewing any watch. So I find that your negatively-toned phrase "to make a sales pitch even better" is really unwarranted.

4) Certainly 1675 is on my wishlist, but I would like to learn more about the GMT series before doing anything. But that should not stop me from expressing my admiration for the model.

5) Lastly, as far as I know, JW does not need anyone to do a sales pitch for them. If I were to make a sales pitch, I would rather make it for my two watches that has been in the garage section for a while already.

Hope this clarifies, no hard feelings here.

Comment

Originally posted by ricnas1 View Post
                  bro u are absolutely right! just humble observations based on the one picture of the watch... thot i mentioned that in my post...

just observations... not condemning the watch...

just observations... based on my measly collection of GMTs...

1 Pickering Street
                  #01-02 Great Eastern Centre
                  (Near China Square)
                  Singapore 048659
                  Tel: (65) 65386055
                  Fax: (65) 65380980

Opening Hour
                  12:30pm - 7:00pm (Tuesday to Friday)
                  12:30pm- 3:00pm (Saturday)
                  Closed on Sunday & Public Holiday

more details on JW... to make a sales pitch even better.... is the watch on consignment?

the ad says condition : 1970's. but you said the watch is a 1971 model?

just another observation.... my bad...

haha good 1 anyway bro your gmt collections are not measly

Comment

Bro -

1) Firstly, I don't know much about your collection of GMTs but regardless of whether you have zero or twenty, it's your choice to contribute your observations, regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

2) Secondly, I brought my watch for servicing at JW and saw the 1675 on display. I asked JW to let me have a feel of it and he obliged. As far as my untrained eye can see, the watch was in good condition and I was really impressed. I also enquired about the watch as I wanted to learn more about it. Usually, when it's mentioned "1970s" it means anything between 1970 - 1979. JW informed me it was 1971. If you would like to know more, please kindly check with JW.

3) Someone was asking for directions, I merely pointed out an option and my opinion after actually handling the watch. If you want to based your "observations" only from the picture, so be it. However, I thought it is reasonable for the interested party to take a look at the right thing, especially after reading your observations and can clarify with JW. My experience with all the watch shops indicated that there is no obligation to buy after viewing any watch. So I find that your negatively-toned phrase "to make a sales pitch even better" is really unwarranted.

4) Certainly 1675 is on my wishlist, but I would like to learn more about the GMT series before doing anything. But that should not stop me from expressing my admiration for the model.

5) Lastly, as far as I know, JW does not need anyone to do a sales pitch for them. If I were to make a sales pitch, I would rather make it for my two watches that has been in the garage section for a while already.

Hope this clarifies, no hard feelings here.
                    all is good bro...

just found yr remarks towards the dark side as well... so had to reply... but thats just my observation...
                    Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
                    Submariner 16610LV 16613
                    Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                      haha good 1 anyway bro your gmt collections are not measly

bro.. yr PM replied...

what u think i was joking...? really small mah.. doesnt make me know GMT's better than anyone who has ZERO, TWO or TWENTY.....

i know of someone (*read as : found out thru the net...not personally) who has three 6542's.... several 1675's... few 16750's, plus the rest of the GMT series and not to mention the comex rolexes and many more....

that is a small fortune of a collection..
                      Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
                      Submariner 16610LV 16613
                      Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

Originally posted by ricnas1 View Post
                        hmm.. the watch from JW...

just my humble observations...

1. the datewheel is off-centre... (but cld be the the position of the watch in the picture)

(i think i can see part of the next number but funny thing is that it looks like part of a number 'l' when it the next number shld be 20)

2. i'm not sure abt this... but shldnt a GMT1675 have the open '6' and '9'? both my 1675 has the open loop for numbers '6' and '9' but maybe the datewheel has been changed.

3. the dial and hands do not have matching patina... (dial or hands not changed at the same time... minor thing for some ppl)

4. rolex font on the dial seems wrong to me... like refinished... (but then cld be quality of the picture....)
                        sadly in my defence whether i feel personally its required or not....

again i re-iterate that these were my observations.... and before i made these observations... i actually took out my watches and the extra 1675 dial that i had to compare....

in no way was this 1st post offensive nor condemning....

it wld make no sense to go to JW to 'have a feel' of the watch... when i cld put 2 on both wrists, have them on for hours to observe, touch or sleep with them for all i care....

**UPDATE

i just trawled the net.... the datewheel for the JW 1675 shld be correct. the number above the numeral '19' is '18' and not '20' as i have mentioned.

i am now wondering if anyone else spotted that little line of a mark in the datewheel window above the 19...

if u were to turn yr rolex how far to the left or right.... u still wouldnt be able to see the next numeral....i tried it on mine....
                        Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
                        Submariner 16610LV 16613
                        Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

Please accept my sincere apologies if my comments were harsh - I bore no ill-well towards you, your knowledge of Rolexes or your collection.

And I am happy that someone pointed out things that may escaped most of us, and I am glad you did. I only looked at the watch on a more "surface" understanding, while you did yours based on your collection.

I only wanted to clarify my position that I did not post a "sales pitch" for a 1675 nor for JW.

Cheers!

Comment

no apologies necessary...

all here to share....

me here to learn....

wonder abt the threadstarter... if he has found the vintage he is looking for....

ultimate GMT (for me) is the 6542... 'bakelite' bezel..yummy!
                            Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
                            Submariner 16610LV 16613
                            Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

Bro , i actually got a gmt 1675 pepsi . i tot of letting go . but mine do not have paper nor box . i don't mind gg to the rolex centre to authenticate but at ur cost if u are interested . If u are keen , give me a ring or sms at 97705532. Let me know ur buget and we can work things out .

Cheers....
                              Gong xi fa cai !!!

k

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X