rarest gem of a Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rarest gem of a Rolex

I inherited this solid gold date just president from my late father and would be interested to know it's value. the day and date are in Chinese characters and i believe only 2 pieces were ever specially made for my dad and his friend. It is in mint condition.

interesting. any pics?

specially made but who made the watch?

Comment

Interesting . It is made by Rolex to your father ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigben View Post
        I inherited this solid gold date just president from my late father and would be interested to know it's value. the day and date are in Chinese characters and i believe only 2 pieces were ever specially made for my dad and his friend. It is in mint condition.
        Daydate is available in many languages. Will be an eye opener.
        Is it datejust or day date?. A pic will be good for all of us to ascertain the value.
        A simple google search will reveal daydate in chinese.

Is your father holding very high post in China?
        Last edited by jackjack; 15-11-12, 07:08 PM.

Comment

any pictures to show?

Comment

if it's really true, i'm very curious 2 c it here, so pics please?

Rolex owner since 2010
            Previously owned:
            Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
            GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
            Current collection:
            Datejust 36(116234) V serial
            GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
            Upcoming/Wishlist:
            "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

first post by bigben with a bang!

show us pic!
              The time in life is perpertually moving forward while that in the watch is going in circles.

Comment

It must have been Rolex who made it. I'm still trying to figure out how to post the photo. Hope to get it out soon.

Comment

Oh sorry it is a Rolex. I'm trying to figure out how to post a photo here . Can you please help? Thanks.

Comment

Can probably sell for a good price to a China watch collector?
                    Rolex Submariner Series V
                    Rolex Datejust Series F

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
                      if it's really true, i'm very curious 2 c it here, so pics please?
                      Sorry but can you please advice how I can post a photo on this site?

Comment

Originally posted by Clarenceyee View Post
                        Can probably sell for a good price to a China watch collector?
                        How and where can I find China watch collectors? Can you please give me some tips on this? Thanks.

Comment

Read this?

Sorry but can you please advice how I can post a photo on this site?
                          http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/48209-...ing-imageshack
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I inherited this solid gold... president from my late father and would be interested to know it's value. the day and date are in Chinese characters and i believe only 2 pieces were ever specially made for my dad and his friend. It is in mint condition.
                            value depends on condition and what the watch is.

if your day-date is a presentation watch with all the correct marking and provenance, it will be worth good money now. the pricing for unusual day-dates have sky rocketed in the recent many months.

a chinese day and date display is not common but it is not rare. but to a beginner collector, they may happily pay a slight premium for a chinese 1803. do bear in mind that you can actually have the day and date wheel changed on request (if stocks are available).

if the dial reflects an interesting or unique design/material (eg, stella or uncommon markers), you can ask for more. if it has a customized print on it (eg, logo or inscribed case back), you can ask for more.

if it's made from pink or white gold or is an unusual day-date model (eg, 1802, 1807, etc), you can ask for more.

the other usual rules apply (box set, mint tight bracelet, unpolished case, older model, etc, command higher prices).

i recommend hanging on to it if you don't need the money. you can always sell/auction it off in in HK or italy (or another country where demand is high) in future. and if you aren't selling it, don't even bother looking up the price now or you'll just want to realize the sale.

but remember: at the end of the day, regardless of whether it's a 2 or 2m pieces, it is worth only as much as someone is willing to pay for it - not what you think it should sell for.
                            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by jackjack View Post
                              Daydate is available in many languages. Will be an eye opener.
                              Is it datejust or day date?. A pic will be good for all of us to ascertain the value.
                              A simple google search will reveal daydate in chinese.

Is your father holding very high post in China?
                              Agreed, it's available in many languages...would u b able to show us a pic so as to ascertain the value...Cheers!
                              My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
                              Rolex DateJust 16233,
                              Rolex Submariner 16613LN
                              Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
                              Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
                              Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
                              Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
                              Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
                              Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
                              Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X