Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• took the plunge and got a 1601

Brothers,

I finally took the plunge and purchased a 1601 with 2.6 million serial number. My first vintage and I am on my way to RSC to check it out and have it service.

I will post some pic when I get it back from RSC.

Great to hear that! Congrats bro!

Post pics once you get it!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I got a 1601 too... its really nice on a black leather strap with a rolex buckle.
      It has a thinner and more elegant profile than the later 16013 or 16233 and 116233.

I wear it as a dress watch, in-lieu of and its cheaper than the Cellini ! And better resale too.

Comment

2mil should be a 1969 watch. hope still have the parts for servicing. good luck.

Comment

I am also a 1601 owner...great versatile watch

Comment

Yes, it is a very elegant and classic watch and a good entry when collecting the Rolex vintage series. You cant beat the price, re-value, looks and history.

The lady at the HK RSC didn’t reject the watch when I took it in so it should be all original. I will keep all of you posted on the cost for the services and overhaul. I think it is made in 1971.

If there is no problem with the watch from the seller, the next one I want to buy from him is a 1680.

Comment

... I would be curious to know what you're paying for the 1680...

Comment

Great. Got a 1601 too with a yellow roman dial on it. I think its a cool watch. My wife likes wearing.

Comment

Yellow Roman dial..do show some pics yeah

Comment

Keltzer,

I see a wild range of price on 1680 from S$10,000 to S$15,000. I guess the obvious cost differences depend on condition and year.

Do you have any idea what is a reasonable price for a good condition with paper works?

Comment

A dealer offered me one for $14500... so in that range is the norm I suppose. Prices are expected to slide ... so maybe if it comes down closer to $10k I would get a set. I am referring only to the white-sub , of course.

Comment

Hi, correct me if I am worng. The 1680 white is more collectable than the red?

Comment

Originally posted by AAAnot View Post
                          the other way round. red more collectibles due to shorter production period. lots of fake red around. just be careful if u r looking for 1...

Comment

Originally posted by AAAnot View Post
                            Red is more collectible. Reds start around S$20k.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyboy View Post
                              Brothers,

I finally took the plunge and purchased a 1601 with 2.6 million serial number. My first vintage and I am on my way to RSC to check it out and have it service.

I will post some pic when I get it back from RSC.

Hi bro, how much you get your watch to check and service?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X