The "One watch to Rule Them all"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by azrielsc View Post
    Just a favour from you all if possible. Does anyone has any information of the brand "Pagol"? I know that it was a pretty popular brand in the 60s & 70s and subsequently the brand just died. I tried to google but there isn't much information online.

Thanks all for the comments!
    Can you PM me the place you send in for recond? I also have a 40 years old Favre Leuba Duomatic auto watch left to me by my late dad which I would also like to get it serviced n polished. It also has a lot of sentimental value to me as it was his long service award from the then PUB. Appreciate your help.

Comment

Originally posted by leonmike View Post
      Can you PM me the place you send in for recond? I also have a 40 years old Favre Leuba Duomatic auto watch left to me by my late dad which I would also like to get it serviced n polished. It also has a lot of sentimental value to me as it was his long service award from the then PUB. Appreciate your help.
      Just PMed you. Good luck and please say hi to Shawn!

If his local watchmaker cannot do the job, he may suggest to send it overseas. That was just what was done to my Pagol watch.

I did not notice that the bezel had a crack like shown here:

And his overseas watchmaker actually sourced an original bezel and plastic dome!

You could see the original condition of the watch here:

My joy could not be described when I received the reconditioned watch!!

Comment

Love the way you cherish the watch. My dad just gave me his pagol too. Its the rectangular shape kinda of watch. Have just send it for ovehual but was told its hard to get replacement parts. Can pm me your watchmaker contact. Was hoping to do that to my pagol too

Comment

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by greychin2000 View Post
            Love the way you cherish the watch. My dad just gave me his pagol too. Its the rectangular shape kinda of watch. Have just send it for ovehual but was told its hard to get replacement parts. Can pm me your watchmaker contact. Was hoping to do that to my pagol too
            That's great to hear that you do have a watch from your Dad!

I use the services of Shawn of http://www.heirloomgallery.com.sg

He is located at Riverwalk but give him a call before you head down.

My brother loves the watch so much that he actually went to replace the metal bracelet with a leather strap instead. He mentioned that he got the strap from Heng Cheong Watch Centre at Bukit Timah Plaza for S$45. He also did mention that there are several Pagol watches for sale too. You may want to check with them if they can also do Pagol watch servicing/repairs too.

Cheers & good luck!

Comment

My brother loves this watch so much that he went scouring for a nice leather strap! Here's my late granddad's Pagol with a blue leather strap by Paros.

I love it!! It totally changes the presence of the watch and honestly, I prefer this than the original metal bracelet.

Comment

Agree, "One watch to Rule Them all"
                If it's the one & only that travel the journey in life together, it's priceless carrying a true story...
                True happiness is not fill with luxury but fill with fond memories that motivate & keep us going...as we too walk the journey in life with time...

Best Wishes to other Bro & Sis also having a heirloom meaningful in life, just like Bro azrielsc
                Last edited by luvtime; 31-07-13, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by luvtime View Post
                  Agree, "One watch to Rule Them all"
                  If it's the one & only that travel the journey in life together, it's priceless carrying a true story...
                  True happiness is not fill with luxury but fill with fond memories that motivate & keep us going...as we too walk the journey in life with time...

Best Wishes to other Bro & Sis also having a heirloom meaningful in life, just like Bro azrielsc
                  Very nice way of putting it!

Thanks!

Comment

That's great to hear that you do have a watch from your Dad!

I use the services of Shawn of http://www.heirloomgallery.com.sg

He is located at Riverwalk but give him a call before you head down.

My brother loves the watch so much that he actually went to replace the metal bracelet with a leather strap instead. He mentioned that he got the strap from Heng Cheong Watch Centre at Bukit Timah Plaza for S$45. He also did mention that there are several Pagol watches for sale too. You may want to check with them if they can also do Pagol watch servicing/repairs too.

Cheers & good luck!
                    Thanks for sharing, will check it out. I will uploading the watch when its done, but i guess it will take quite a while

Comment

Originally posted by greychin2000 View Post
                      Thanks for sharing, will check it out. I will uploading the watch when its done, but i guess it will take quite a while
                      Do post some photos of the watch before you send it in! So at least when you have it back, you can compare the before and after photos!

Comment

Do post some photos of the watch before you send it in! So at least when you have it back, you can compare the before and after photos!
                        Sure, I just send it for overhual. The exterior will still be the same, will load some pic when I got it back

Comment

This is not just an invaluable timepiece but a piece of history.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this personal story.
                            I believe that there is a great story behind every watch.
                            Yours is amazing.

Comment

Quick update. Decided to bring this out for the day.

Grandpa watching me from above!

Comment

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.
                                One of my reasons (excuse) for buying vintage pieces (dating to 1969, my birth year) is so that I can one day pass them down to my kids.
                                Maybe some time in the future, my kids or grandkids will post up some of my 'heirloom' watches on this forum!

ben

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X