• Humble Seiko Diver

Here's my humble Seiko Diver:

On Z22 rubber strap:

Wrist shot on rubber:

Decided to give the diver a little twist and swap to a calfskin:

Wrist shot on leather:

Last but not least, my favorite lume shot:

Small review:

Dial and hands: Dark blue dial sits deep, really can see the distance between the hardlex crystal and the dial, with the sloping chapter ring adding the 'depth' effect. One of the things I find attractive on this watch. Hands and markers generously coated with Lume, and has an off-white tinge to them.

Lume: Seiko is famous for its lume. No exception here. Only takes less than a minute under the sun to 'charge' it up, and it glows right away when you head indoors. I wear it to sleep sometimes and have no problem at all telling the time in the middle of the night.

Case: Combination of polished and brushed SS, with tight screw down crown. The crown guards line the crown nicely and sits at the 4 o'clock position, which is less common on diver watches. I suppose it's positioned that way so the crown won't 'dig' into the wrist.

Accuracy: Not too concerned and didn't measure it. The 7s26 movement is used extensively in Seiko and I haven't read of any major problems on it. Let's hope it stays that way!

Overall: A well built and reliable watch that you can get for $200~.

Nice! Wear it in good health!

Comment

This is one of the very few watches that I bought & sold twice. A very adequate watch for "rough wear" indeed - cannot "hiam" liao for that price

Thought you wanted a Sumo?
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
        This is one of the very few watches that I bought & sold twice. A very adequate watch for "rough wear" indeed - cannot "hiam" liao for that price

Thought you wanted a Sumo?
        The 009 was a gift. Sumo goes on and off in my radar. It'll fall right between the 009 and the SMP..already hard to juggle 2 divers for everyday wear. If I didn't have the SMP, the Sumo would be relatively awesome and I would have gotten it long ago.

That said, am still not ruling out buying a Sumo.

Comment

looks nice

Comment

Very nice. You can never go wrong wif a seiko diver. Regards,P.

Comment

Decided to give the jubilee a try and turned out to be my favorite combination! Guess the bracelet is here to stay! IMO, the jubilee suits the red/blue bezel of the 009 and creates a retro bling charm around the watch. If I had a 007, it would certainly be on an oyster!

The texture of the jubilee is flowy with the characteristic small links forming a neat network that flows around your wrist, very comfortable and eye-catching. The end links also blend in with the watch lugs, creating the illusion of more metal when you view it up front, adding to the heft of the watch head.

My only gripe is that I could have fitted the jubilee from the start as the difference in metal tone can be seen between the lugs and the jubilee end link. Perhaps the difference is normal but I still hope the tones can even out one day.

Comment

perfect combination!!!

Comment

Looks good..

Comment

Humble Seiko

Watch is good

Comment

Trusty diver...All time classic

Comment

i have more then 10 seiko divers, and like most of them a lot. bot the sumo three yrs ago, sold it, then bot it back. Same for the SKX007/009 and the monsters! Bot a sbbn 007, sold it, then bot the sbbn 015 and 017. They are value for money, mechanical accuracy depends on your luck, a few will perform well .They are easy to sell if u discount them reasonably. I can think of no other brand-model that offers so much for less.Except maybe the G-shocks, but these are in a different category.Evern their solar divers are very good. One chap that bot a used solar diver from me some 5yrs ago jus told me that the watch has been accurate and trouble free!

Comment

A trusty beater, value for money

Comment

I concur that it's a daily beater. Own a skx007 myself.

Comment

seiko bracelet looks good toooo

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X