Mini Review of my PP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Review of my PP

Nope. In this case, PP does not refer to Patek... I'm still quite a distance away from affording that one..

Presenting the Poseidon, the latest released by the Prometheus Watch Company of Portugal

Powered by a Miyota 9015, the chunky 43mm stainless steel (bronze option available) deep-sea diver watch is rated at 3500m, with an HEV no less.

Protecting the watch from such improbable depths (hmmm.. still wondering which dive operator can bring me to 3500m...), is a domed AR-coated 5.5mmm thick sapphire crystal. Legibility is definitely not an issue here.

Generously slathered with BGW9 (Green C3 option available), the lumed sapphire bezel, H-M-S hands, hour indices and chapter ring (YES. EVEN THE CHAPTER RING!) glows bright blue when placed in dimly lit conditions.

While the lume is one of the most attractive feature of this watch, it will not be "in-your-face" kind of glow under normal illuminated working conditions. Your eyes will observe only a pale blue hue like the picture below.

But of course, nothing gonna stop you from bringing it into the dark depths of the ocean or a darkened room. Magic then occurs with your Poseidon.

Workmanship of the watch is good. Although some metal edges are too sharp for kids, they are not difficult to deal with with a small file. Definitely an affordable watch worth a second look.

If you haven't already noticed in the pictures above, the watch goes very well with metal, leather or rubber straps. Versatile and ready for all occasions with the hex-screw operated bars. No propriety "quick change" mechanism that hold your wallets hostage here.

I'm definitely glad that I got the Poseidon, worthy of its namesake as god of the seas.

Questions? Ask Carlos here -> http://www.facebook.com/prometheuswatchcompany

(Oh yah. Pls dun ask me about accuracy or power reserve of the movement. I'm sure the Miyota's is well published and I dun think it's logical to time my automatic watches. If I wanted anything that precise, I'm better off with the mobile phone or a quartz Casio.)

oh yes its nice.. i am a fan of lume bezel

Comment

Nice watch, reminds me of IWc dive watch series
      Current babies:
      Sub 16610LN D series
      PAM 312 M series
      IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
      116613LB?
      a good White dial watch

Comment

Iwc

Looks like the IWC aquatimer series....

Comment

Wow, very interesting watch indeed, looks like something tron would wear

Comment

Yes i like how the watch light up !

Comment

awesome!

Comment

nice lume!

Comment

More brands should do these Lume bezels . Lacking of choices when one loves this sort of design .

Comment

Nice lume......

Nice lume......

Comment

nice! insane lume

Comment

A great marriage of an IWC and Ball!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse