Bronze age has arrived......again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronze age has arrived......again

Just like to share my new bronze piece and also reminisce about the previous bronze piece I had,

When Panerai's first bronzo made the headlines and many people started taking a keener interest in bronze watches, along came many boutique brands which made bang-for-bucks watches to help financially challenged watch fans like me to scratch that itch. I got a Helson Sharkdiver 45mm in the 2nd hand market. This watch had the heft and presence to carry many different straps and look good at the same time.

Still one of my favorite pic after all these years :appl

After a year or so, my itchy backside acted up and the Helson went to much better family than what I could give.

When I first started looking at watches, I was captivated by IWC's pilot's chrono. However, all that crush on it was literally 'crushed' when I visited the AD. It didn't stand up to the test of a distraction in the form of the Portuguese Chrono.

I left the AD feeling very happy and satisfied.......until Panerai struck. But that's a story for another day.

And so I have gone thru many kinds of watches as I grew.....fat. But somehow
    I had not gotten another pilot's watch, until very recently when set my eyes on this beauty.......

Her big onion crown

Wristshot

At the cinema....

The Type 20's Elite movt's winding is sweet and sounds very unique. Very different from the Rolex and ETAs that I'm used to. And yes, the lume for this one is beautiful! One of the main reasons, on top of the case material why I bought one. Will add to the post once I capture the lume properly.

Thanks for making this far with me, if you have a Type 20 as well, do share your strap ideas with me. Cheers

Wow...!

Nice catch bro...sorry no Zenith Type 20 here...the bronze is really making a come back...myself is looking forward to the Tudor bronze release...

Does it have a solid Caseback or clear Caseback?

Congrats.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
    it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
    How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Hi bro,

This one has a nice engraved solid caseback. My pic below has poor lighting....but still looks pretty gd Kekeke.

I just read about the possible bronze black bay as well. Many guys in the forum are *****ing about the 43mm size being too big. I think it's gog to be perfect given how the lugs of the bb is. Let me know if u get more info on it ya? Cheers

Comment

Awesome elaborated caseback...

regarding the bronze bb, it's for another thread...this thread is all about your Type 20...

Thanks for sharing bro...gorgeous piece...

'It ain't how hard you hit;
        it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
        How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
        That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Can't see the pics
          Is that the Zenith type 20 bronze? It is a great piece. Almost bought it but ended up with the GMT steel gold

Comment

Bronze is an excellent choice of material for a watch's case. Love the fact that it forms patina as it ages, making it 'piece unique' with the severity of patination solely dependant on the wearers lifestyle habits. On the side note, I can't wait to get my hands on the new black bay bronze!

Comment

Panerai Broonzo

Hi im new to this forum.
              yes. the Bronze age got started by Panerai, i dont know of any other major brand who has a watch of similar material, anyone ?
              Anyone know how to find a Panerai bronzo and how much it costs?

Comment

A lots of brands offiering bronzos nowadays. IMO, bronzos have a nice rugged look and then patina give a vintage feel.

Check out Helberg. If you are interested I have a CH8 bronzo with green face and superdome sapphire for sale

Comment

Unique but not outstanding
                  Dull/dark color brezel/watch body never stand out

Comment

nice one

Comment

what a nice piece.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse