My first IWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first IWC

To complement my daily beater, Tag Carrera.

The box

The watch in the box

Wristshot
    Last edited by hurhur; 19-05-08, 12:22 PM.

Really nice bro! Congrats!!
    Mind sharing with us the damage..?
    Never really considered IWC before. Personally, i think their price is too far-fetched for me.
    [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
    Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

Bro, Congrats! Nice piece... but are the photos of the same piece? one seems to have blue hand while the other is black... or do they change colour in different lighting condition?
      In The Bag
      Him
      Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
      Her
      Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
      Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
        Bro, Congrats! Nice piece... but are the photos of the same piece? one seems to have blue hand while the other is black... or do they change colour in different lighting condition?
        It is actually blue in color. It appears to be black under different lighting condition.

Comment

Oooh.. It's soooooo beautiful. Good choice there !
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by hurhur View Post
            It is actually blue in color. It appears to be black under different lighting condition.
            Looooovely!!!! Can share damage and place you purchase?
            In The Bag
            Him
            Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
            Her
            Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
            Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

I bought in the States for 12k+. Ouch!

Comment

S$12k+? or US$12k+? If you buy from States, don't you have to pay a lot for the sales tax? Does it come in black dial? Very nice watch!

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                  S$12k+? or US$12k+? If you buy from States, don't you have to pay a lot for the sales tax? Does it come in black dial? Very nice watch!
                  SGD12k+, inclusive of sales tax.
                  In HK, the best price is SGD13.5k but they have no stock.
                  Yes, it comes in a black dial too.
                  I bought the white one as my Tag has a black dial.

Comment

May I know which part of states you bought from? I went to the states in march, checked with many ADs there selling Rolex but all of them don't offer any discounts. I managed to find a Sub LV and a GMT2C but with the 8.25% sales tax, they cost more than what I can find in Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                      May I know which part of states you bought from? I went to the states in march, checked with many ADs there selling Rolex but all of them don't offer any discounts. I managed to find a Sub LV and a GMT2C but with the 8.25% sales tax, they cost more than what I can find in Singapore.
                      Las Vegas where the sales tax is 7.75% (the lowest in US i believe).
                      Rollies are no discount item in Las Vegas too.
                      Compared to Rollie, IWC is a less hot item.

Comment

YES YES you are right, I see many IWC, Ferraris, but only rolex no DISCOUNT... BTW, in Oregon, I think there is no sales tax there... but I am not sure will be worth to rent a car and drive 6 hours up to get a Rolex...

Comment

nice pics hurhur....

S$12k+ is after the sales tax or after the rebate??

Pretty gd price lah... For such a beauty, no regrets...

The 5001 comes in black dial but the needles dun come in black.
                          Simply looooovvvee the claissic and elegant looks of the 500107... A stunner... Thats why I fell in love with it... Hurhur surely understands where i am coming from...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                          - GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

I don't think you can get tax rebate in the states. If can, I would have bought many many watches from there.... ha ha ha....

Comment

Its SGD12k+ after sales taxes.
                              116520 is right, there is no tax rebate system in the US, unlike in Europe.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X