• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a can of tuna today

here's a can of tuna i got recently, with the anvil bracelet from yobokies

definitely a massive chunk of steel!

Daily Beater: Citizen BN0150-10E Eco-Drive Promaster Diver

No plans to add a spring drive to the mix?

Comment

Originally posted by sdchew View Post
      No plans to add a spring drive to the mix?
      nope too expensive for me

Comment

nice.... congrats on your purchase...

Comment

Originally posted by watchlover1986 View Post
          nope too expensive for me
          Yeah. I was seriously eying the SD600. It really looks great. However, the price is seriously OUCH. Not to mention, I have concerns about the reliability of the Spring Drive and its long term support. I mean, if you buy a mechanical watch from a respectable company, you should be able to obtain parts for it for a long long time.

For example, you can still obtain parts for Rolex watches from the 60s. And if you could buy a Patek, they will service it within your lifetime.

20 years down the road, would the particular mode of tri-synchro regulator for your SD watch be available? Or if the fly wheel in your SD gets damaged, would you be able to find one? I guess only time would tell. Maybe other long time Seiko users who buy Seiko Kinetics watches would be able to shed some light on it. Thou Kinetic watches are a lot cheaper than SD.

Comment

Originally posted by sportee View Post
            nice.... congrats on your purchase...
            thanx bro!

Comment

Originally posted by sdchew View Post
              Yeah. I was seriously eying the SD600. It really looks great. However, the price is seriously OUCH. Not to mention, I have concerns about the reliability of the Spring Drive and its long term support. I mean, if you buy a mechanical watch from a respectable company, you should be able to obtain parts for it for a long long time.

For example, you can still obtain parts for Rolex watches from the 60s. And if you could buy a Patek, they will service it within your lifetime.

20 years down the road, would the particular mode of tri-synchro regulator for your SD watch be available? Or if the fly wheel in your SD gets damaged, would you be able to find one? I guess only time would tell. Maybe other long time Seiko users who buy Seiko Kinetics watches would be able to shed some light on it. Thou Kinetic watches are a lot cheaper than SD.
              lol y not consider the emperor tuna, or the MM300 instead?

both easily serviced by any watchmaker

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X